BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mr. aspen silver
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2day i went and purchase a flat black spray can and some sand paper and went with this rather than the m tape (atleast for now) and i must say it came out decent removed the lower strips but the upper ones were a bit** so i just covered the car up good and sanded/painted them installed. more pics tomorrow... black roof top now i mist say looks way better !

Attachments

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Looking good so far. The shadowline trim sets off the car, chrome kills the look.
I wonder. I really do. :)

For example, if Marketing put chrome trim all over the M5, would chrome still kill the look on a base E39? Dunno. We'd have to do a phychological study to test that out; but I suspect the main reason for shadownline is to make the E39 'look' like something the marketing guys specifically didn't want it to.

Then again, who knows what's in peoples' heads. :)

Anyway, for a long reference of shadownline threads (yes, including their goals and intent), this reference may help others:

- How to replace chrome exterior window trim with shadowline matte black trim (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wonder. I really do. :)

For example, if Marketing put chrome trim all over the M5, would chrome still kill the look on a base E39? Dunno. We'd have to do a phychological study to test that out; but I suspect the main reason for shadownline is to make the E39 'look' like something the marketing guys specifically didn't want it to.

Then again, who knows what's in peoples' heads. :)

Anyway, for a long reference of shadownline threads (yes, including their goals and intent), this reference may help others:

- How to replace chrome exterior window trim with shadowline matte black trim (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
Chrome trim was an option for the 2000 MY M5. If you look hard enough you can find a few.

Still, it does not look as good as glossy black or shadowline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts