BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help. I have no idea what's going on. I'm coding my F10 BMW 535i xDrive and I've coded a lot of values: everything that is HIGHLIGHTED on the attached cheat sheet pdf are the things I've coded. Everything is working successfully except blind spot at lower speeds. I went ahead and changed the following value:

ICM => 3000 => Hc2_i_CPar_Aktiv_v_low => 25 kmh

Blind spot tries to kick in at that lower speed, but instead it malfunctions. I go online and check out threads and it looks like 25 doesn't work for everybody. So I try 30 kmh. Still malfunctions. Tried 40 and finally 50 kmh (default value). Still malfunctions. I am restarting my car everytime I try by turning my engine and car completely off, waiting 5-7 minutes, and driving again.

Frusterated, I decided to revert the entire ICM ECU module to stock. So I clicked on "ICM" (not the CAF under it) and pressed "code" to bring everything back to how it used to be (I'm still using the original FA of the car). Nevertheless, at the default speed of 50, the blind spot is STILL malfunctioning. What do I do? I'm stumped.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Really need it here.

ATTACHED CHEAT SHEET with my current codes highlighted: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dezhium9b...heet F10 2011-LCI (MWPos) 10-24-2013.pdf?dl=0

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low?
Hi Amaretto, its a pleasure. Love the codes you implemented in the newest version of EZ-SYS. Makes CAFD modding much easier!

I dont see that function anywhere in the ICMQL module. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,157 Posts
Hi Amaretto, its a pleasure. Love the codes you implemented in the newest version of EZ-SYS. Makes CAFD modding much easier!

I dont see that function anywhere in the ICMQL module. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Thanks.
Happy to hear they are helpful. It is possible you have older firmware that does not have that function. That is the way it is listed on my vehicles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy to hear they are helpful. It is possible you have older firmware that does not have that function. That is the way it is listed on my vehicles.
Any other ideas why there might be a problem? Should I just restore every single one of my CAFDs and start over or do you think it's probably a hardware issue?

Also, any special codes you know about that you haven't implemented into E-SYS? I've used your list in there as a starting point for further research. Just curious to see if you've left anything out of the software that I can wet my appetite with.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,157 Posts
Any other ideas why there might be a problem? Should I just restore every single one of my CAFDs and start over or do you think it's probably a hardware issue?

Also, any special codes you know about that you haven't implemented into E-SYS? I've used your list in there as a starting point for further research. Just curious to see if you've left anything out of the software that I can wet my appetite with.

Thanks!
I would start with ISTA+.

I believe I included all codes for F10. I have since made additions for HU_NBT2 as well as specifics for F03x, F08x, I001, and G011.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would start with ISTA+.

I believe I included all codes for F10. I have since made additions for HU_NBT2 as well as specifics for F03x, F08x, I001, and G011.
From what I understand, ISTA+ is just system diagnostic software? It doesn't make the car do anything out of the ordinary from what I can see.

·
Super Moderator
7,157 Posts
From what I understand, ISTA+ is just system diagnostic software? It doesn't make the car do anything out of the ordinary from what I can see.
It is diagnostic and you can run various procedures. Sometimes systems do not work until you clear errors or calibrate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts