BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 35d. When I back up the camera goes off and I also get the beeping sounds as I get closer to an object. Do I have blindspot detection while driving since it seems like the sensors are there? If not, is this simply coding to activate it?

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
1,001 Posts
You have PDC or park distance control. It is separate from active blindspot detection. PDC uses ultrasonic sensors ( think of a bats clicking noises ) to detect object distance.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 105K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
19,955 Posts
Properly adjusted mirrors moot blind spots. There is an SAE paper on proper mirror adjustment to avoid creating blind spots.

·
Registered
12,638 Posts
I have a 2014 35d. When I back up the camera goes off and I also get the beeping sounds as I get closer to an object. Do I have blindspot detection while driving since it seems like the sensors are there? If not, is this simply coding to activate it?
As mentioned already...you just described PDC (park distance control)l. Check your owners manual for a better description...or pull it up in iDrive where you have a digital version of the owners manual.

Blind spot detection is part of the Intelligent Safety features thus you would have a switch olocated just below the hazard safety switch that allows you to turn it off/on or make other adjustments for frontal crash protection, lane departure, pedestrian protection, blind spot warning, etc...along with having triangles in each side mirror that illuminates when vehicles are within range of the sensors as well as a vibration felt in the steering wheel (there is no audible warning for blind spot..just visual & vibration).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts