BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 325i (2005 model). I recently disconnected the battery. After I hooked the battery up, I noticed a blinking red light on the factory stereo. Whenever I turn the engine off, the red light stays blinking. I didn't have this problem before. Is there any way to disable the red light permanently? Thanks..

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
What you are describing is normal vehicle function, it's suppose to do that. Is it possible you just never noticed before? The flashing red light is the universal anti-theft warning. For BMW the radio is coded to the car, and will not work if removed and installed in a different vehicle. (It can be made to work with a code, that is not printed on the radio)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Keith. Thanks for the info. I have never noticed the red light blinking in the 5 years I have driven the car. I used to have the dealer installed integration kit for the Ipod. I recently replaced it with an Auxiliary port. I was worried that the red light might be draining the battery. Is the red light supposed to stay blinking after you turn off the ignition?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,025 Posts
Hi Keith. Thanks for the info. I have never noticed the red light blinking in the 5 years I have driven the car. I used to have the dealer installed integration kit for the Ipod. I recently replaced it with an Auxiliary port. I was worried that the red light might be draining the battery. Is the red light supposed to stay blinking after you turn off the ignition?
Yes. It tells thieves that if they steal your stereo it won't work for them. It's been flashing all five years you've had the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts