Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
Hey look at that! The snow has rims. What model is that?
I think in the second post, the photo shows the new 5 GT in Alpine White, but I might be mistaken

·
Registered
141 Posts
'Weird winter.

Meanwhile, you've got a few of us folks up here in northern New England that are actually kind of sad we don't have much snow at all.

'sure hope you didn't just clear off a bit of the windshield to make a porthole and then just went off driving down the road hoping that all that snow would just blow off. (I hate being behind such people.)
+1

I took the day off yesterday to avoid the commute to NH and avoid
what happened a couple of years ago. My 1 hour commute turned into
a 5+ hour drive home that day :(

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
:tsk::tsk::tsk:

We all waited so long for that too...I have to say I feel a little let down.

... as a heads up, I've had goats while you've been gone.
Fixed.

Don't drag the rest of us into this.

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
Thanks, Ice-man!

Back on topic, they were predicting near disaster around here yesterday. Schools closed early or closed altogether... non-essential employees stayed home. I betcha I have a whole 1/4" of snow on the driveway.

I think we've all become wimps.

(I'm not talking about you guys down DC way. I ran some quick calculations today and you guys exceeded the design snow loading. I'd be surprised if a whole lotta roofs don't collapse in the next day or two.)
It's really pitiful how pathetic us New Englanders have become. I think the credit goes entirely to our pretty boy weathermen that stir up all sorts of panic when any type of storm is on the way. OH NO 6" OF SNOW IS ON THE WAY...BETTER GO OUT AND BUY THE ESSENTIALS. Give me a freakin break! I even heard talk about closing down I-95 in parts of MA, RI, CT. PUH-lease! :mad:

We have 11,000 people here at work and they didn't even consider closing the facilty. There's work to be done. Sack up and get to work America!

OK time for coffee.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,162 Posts
+1

I took the day off yesterday to avoid the commute to NH and avoid
what happened a couple of years ago. My 1 hour commute turned into
a 5+ hour drive home that day :(
What??? We got a quarter inch! Do you work for the government?
I heard that your governor declared a snow emergency yesterday. He said all non-essential personnel should stay home. No one showed up at the State House.

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Attached is a picture from the Texas Blizzard. We may get up to 7 inches! It is below 32, sticking to roads and just keeps on snowing. Glad I stayed home. With summer tires, this would have been impossible to drive in!

Attachments

·
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
7,614 Posts
Attached is a picture from the Texas Blizzard. We may get up to 7 inches! It is below 32, sticking to roads and just keeps on snowing. Glad I stayed home. With summer tires, this would have been impossible to drive in!

Wow! You better hope BabyWinter doesn't decide to make his/her entrance into the world today! :yikes:

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,162 Posts
Are you serious? Where is this storm going next? The whole damn continent is turned upside down. Why are we not getting any snow in NH?

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's crazy here too. I got a snow flake this morning!

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
Are you serious? Where is this storm going next? The whole damn continent is turned upside down. Why are we not getting any snow in NH?
Very peculiar indeed. I was up in North Conway, NH a few weeks ago for some skiing and such. There was more snow down here in Groton. The owners of the slopes up there must be going crazy seeing Maryland with 30" of powder....

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
xrated, what you do with your goats is your business, as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding the weird weather... I think Ming the Merciless is testing our planet to see if we are intelligent enough to know the weird happenings are not natural phenomena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMEc_MiLmgw

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Wow! You better hope BabyWinter doesn't decide to make his/her entrance into the world today! :yikes:
No kidding! Of course it would be cool for a new winter to enter the world during a snow storm but I am hoping he or she'll delay a few more days. :)

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
Didn't I hear you say, once, back when we were in high school together, that you'd have a baby the day the panhandle froze over? Guess what...

·
BMWCCA Member #405750
1,450 Posts
On the news today they said here in Philly we've had more snow this winter than... wait for it, Buffalo NY. Absolutely amazing.

·
GONE
3,030 Posts
I agree, it has been a very snowless winter season here in Michigan. usually by now, we should of had atleast 8 big storms. All we have had is one and it was not even that bad. :dunno: I'm very confused about the weather this winter. it was also a very warm November, December, and January compared to average.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Global warming huh? Snowing in Texas and Atlanta!

No no no you missed it. I heard some tree hugger mention it's all due to "Global Cooling", which is an offset of "Global Warming". So I'm thinking which is it? Would some tree hugging organization please make up their god damn minds already! They can't have both! I refuse it! Christ, it's if they're complaining for the sake of being heard... My apologies...end rant.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts