BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....who has had to replace their blower motor. I've got under 63,000 miles and it appears I've got to replace this or a part of the blower motor---final stage unit :dunno: At first the fan speed would change on its own and now no fan at all. Of course now that we're starting to reach 80 degrees and going into summer...no AC means no fun.
Any comments?

·
Premium Member
8,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
540ia said:
Ok....who has had to replace their blower motor. I've got under 63,000 miles and it appears I've got to replace this or a part of the blower motor---final stage unit :dunno: At first the fan speed would change on its own and now no fan at all. Of course now that we're starting to reach 80 degrees and going into summer...no AC means no fun.
Any comments?
I had mine replaced twice under warranty. Given the location of the part and the available writeups, I would recommend this as a DIY for almost anyone.

Bill

·
Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Has that particular component been upgraded or superceded over the years? Sure looks like a weak link.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replaced my FSU as well. My old unit looked quite a bit different then the replacement unit. When I inquired, the BMW parts counterperson informed me that this is the *latest* design of this part. Obviously, a known problem in this forum and BMW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.