BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i get a new shock mounts and then i will blow them within a few days. and it keeps hitting my speaker and it is destroying that speaker. does anyone have an idea why they keep blowing out. i have now put in 3 and i have blown 3. i just change the shocks when i changed the mounts. so any suggestions that anyone has is appreciated. thank you

·
10,856 Posts
You forgot the bottom washer, and possibly the top one as well on the RSM. The rubber in and of itself doesn't have anything approaching the strength to hodl the shock.

·
10,856 Posts
The washer is big enough that it hits the metal outside of the shock mount, and prevents the rubber from delaminating and popping through.

·
10,856 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
hopesbeemin325i said:
thanks the daeler never said anything about that when i asked them. and you get those throught the dealer correct?
The dealer assumed that you would swap it over from the old shock, since they are not wear items.

But yes, you get them through the dealer.

·
10,856 Posts
hopesbeemin325i said:
hey thanks for the help. i got them ordered and they will be here on monday thanks again
No problem. Are you sure you don't have the lying around somewhere? There's a good chance they've glued themselves onto your old shock mounts (which is why some people forget to switch them over).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't know its been a couple of months but is only the one side that keeps poppin out and i don't remember putting anything on the otherside. but i will look around for it. do you you know much about the eletrical of the cars?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.