Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
If I had a S/C 3.2 under the hood of my car, I don't think I'd be flaunting it as much, but of course, to each his own.

Have you put the car on a dyno before? I'm curious as to how much power you're making.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats wrong with showing pics of my car?

310 HP to the wheels, 290 torque at 8 psi. Tightened the belt, and now its at 10 psi, so HP is estimated at 340 to the wheels

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
chukiechz said:
Nothing ! :thumb:

Awesome car, Chuckie

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
chukiechz said:

310 HP to the wheels, 290 torque at 8 psi. Tightened the belt, and now its at 10 psi, so HP is estimated at 340 to the wheels
I don't think he meant there is anything wrong with the pics, I think he meant he wouldn't advertise it with the license plate.

Very nice car BTW :thumb:

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Mike 325xi said:

I think he meant he wouldn't advertise it with the license plate.

Very nice car BTW :thumb:
Nor with the badges. Sans those you've got a veritable wolf in sheeps clothing.

Ditto on the nice ride comments!

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Very nice, though I would have probably kept it a sleeper as well. How fast does that thing get through the 1/4?

--SONET

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, I see what he means. Yeah, I was debating on keeping it a sleeper, and putting a 318 badge on it, but the blower is a V1 (aka: LOUD) so its a dead giveaway.

No quarter mile times yet. Going to do some 1/8 mile runs thursday, and hopefully some 1/4 soon after that.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
chukiechz said:
oh, I see what he means. Yeah, I was debating on keeping it a sleeper, and putting a 318 badge on it, but the blower is a V1 (aka: LOUD) so its a dead giveaway.

No quarter mile times yet. Going to do some 1/8 mile runs thursday, and hopefully some 1/4 soon after that.
get some 316 diesel badges for it :angel:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The torque is pretty impressive! I don 't think the current M3 has as much. I'm also guessing that your car is a bit lighter too.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cal said:
Are those 17" Breyton Softlines on your car? Just curious...
close, 18's. Not happy with them though, they bend easy and they're HEAVY!!! Dont notice the weight while driving, but I do notice it when taking them on and off.

someone once plotted a bunch of dyno curves all together on 1 graph of various cars. My car definitely makes more power and torque than the new E46, not just at redline, but throughout. On the other hand, the M3 has a higher redline than I do. It would be a fun race I think

·
Early roadfly migrant
397 Posts
chukiechz said:

close, 18's. Not happy with them though, they bend easy and they're HEAVY!!! Dont notice the weight while driving, but I do notice it when taking them on and off.
Yeah, Breyton wheels are not known for being lightweight. Most of their wheels (Inspirations, Magics, Softlines) are pretty heavy, albeit pretty good looking. If you like that style, I would recommend SSR GT1s. Very lightweight, and similar styling. With all the power you're putting to the wheels, I wouldn't be surprised that you won't feel a difference. On the other hand, put those wheels on a 318 and I bet you will. :p

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SSR GT3's are what I wanna get. Unfortunately, I dont have the money for that. I also dont see myself dumping much more money into this car. i mean, there's gotta be a point where you draw the line right? The car is 9 years old!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts