BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
White LED accent lights

I saw in a old french mag. that the 3 had these cool white LEDs under the door handle.
Can anyone confirm this?

Here is the pic

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here we go

the Blue light under the handle...
it looks cool hope its standered on the US models

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well what ever color it is, i just wanted to know if the US spec models have it

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
What is the purpose? If you are using the remote, it isn't like you have a key hole to worry about, and the passenger side doesn't even have a key hole. :dunno:

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Desertnate said:
What is the purpose? If you are using the remote, it isn't like you have a key hole to worry about, and the passenger side doesn't even have a key hole. :dunno:
mayb that is the rear door? ;)

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Agni said:
Once again, what would the light be for? Is it a puddle light?

I would think a door handle that isn't flush with the car would be pretty easy to find in the dark. As it is the light projects downward from below the handle rather than illuminating the reseced area behind the handles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agni said:
It's the front doors. The purpose is to light up the area of about 1 square metres from each front door. This is supposed to help you see the said area when you approach your car parked in the dark. You activate these lights remotely, the same way you unlock the doors remotely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
it looks like the trickle down effect from the 7 series. i first noticed it with my 2001 740il and it continues to appear in the current 745's. fyi those exterior accent led lights are white and the interior accents are amber. never seen any blue leds with bmw. hope that helps :)

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kcnyla said:
it looks like the trickle down effect from the 7 series. i first noticed it with my 2001 740il and it continues to appear in the current 745's. fyi those exterior accent led lights are white and the interior accents are amber. never seen any blue leds with bmw. hope that helps :)
yeah i think its white, it just looks blue from the bad quility image and the cars exterior color is blue

·
Registered
86 Posts
is that the lemon interior on that car in the pictures there from the mag?

i love the black back to the seats....

i am sooo glad i live in canada and can get the lemon!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is a picture I took at the Denver Auto Show of the left rear door handle. You can see the LED's mounted on the underside. All four door handles have this lighting fixture. The rest of the pictures can be found on my .mac homepage (http://homepage.mac.com/dmcj/PhotoAlbum5.html) as well as other related forum topics (E90 Picture Request).

I'm still fairly new to posting to these forums. If the image I attempted to enclose doesn't show up, you can find it on the referenced homepage.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here's the US spec car w/ the "puddle lights" in the door handles:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts