BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve just bought an E65 (2006). It's my first seven, after 4 5 series and I`ve been having a problem with it recently. On ocassion, if I start the car and idle/run for a short distance then stop the car, then I get plumes of blue smoke from under the passenger door. I`m not sure if this is to do with the exhaust system on the auxillary power heater located under door on underbelly of the car? Should I be worried about this? It happens sporadically and has bene back to dealers twice, but they can't replicate the problem or give me clear explanation.

Just wondeirng if anyone else has experienced this problem? Thanks :dunno:

·
jcarey
115 Posts
Blue smoke under passenger side

I`ve just bought an E65 (2006). It's my first seven, after 4 5 series and I`ve been having a problem with it recently. On ocassion, if I start the car and idle/run for a short distance then stop the car, then I get plumes of blue smoke from under the passenger door. I`m not sure if this is to do with the exhaust system on the auxillary power heater located under door on underbelly of the car? Should I be worried about this? It happens sporadically and has bene back to dealers twice, but they can't replicate the problem or give me clear explanation.

Just wondeirng if anyone else has experienced this problem? Thanks :dunno:
Blue smoke means oil is burning from somewhere. The location of the plume after driving then stopping can be far from the source but I would bet you have an oil seepage or leak that is finding its way to the exhaust system at or near the location you see smoke comming from. A careful visual inspection of the underside of the engine bay with the lower cover panels removed should show the problem, but finding its source can be difficult especially if the engine is dirty from leaking oil over time. This should not be hard to find... be firm and tell them that if you see blue smoke, there is an oil leak somewhere and tell the service guys to do a search for it and fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great, thanks John. It's constant battle with the dealer just now, I`ve only had teh car 3 weeks and it's been in twice about it. I`ll go back to them tomorrow armed with what you've told me and see what they say! :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts