BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my 2005 BMW 525i out of the garage this morning to wash it and noticed that there was a dried, bluish stain on the ground hear the left front tire. I had seen a wet spot there and always assumed that it was simply condensation from the AC unit. However this was the first time I'd actually noticed that the wet spot had dried kinda blue. Is this normal or do I have a leak of some sort which I should not have?

·
Rocket Scientist
1,455 Posts
I pulled my 2005 BMW 525i out of the garage this morning to wash it and noticed that there was a dried, bluish stain on the ground hear the left front tire. I had seen a wet spot there and always assumed that it was simply condensation from the AC unit. However this was the first time I'd actually noticed that the wet spot had dried kinda blue. Is this normal or do I have a leak of some sort which I should not have?
Sounds like windshield washer fluid. That is the area where the reservoir is located. Blue probably reflects that it has been refilled with generic or BMW US-spec fluid, the original and Euro-spec fluids are clear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I got into the car this morning and I had the "washer fluid low" warning on. I know the tank was full when I got the car, and I've used it twice in the three weeks I've had the car. So I'm thinking I have a leak somewhere in the washer-fluid system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the washer fluid pump had become damaged some how, some way. Part was replaced @ Chapman Camelback in Phoenix and I was in and out within an hour.

Wootage!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah I'm interested as well because i also noticed after a trip to New Orleans that my wiper fluid is leaking. How much and what was the final verdict on the leak, was it the reservoir or the pump?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts