BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw a 3-series changing lanes on the interstate this morning. He had BLUE bulbs in his rear turn signals. They looked great!!! I want 'em!

But I question the legality. Indiana law states the turn lamp "...must display a white or an amber light, or any shade of color between white and amber." I'm sure other states are the same. These blue lights might pass for white.

Do others have these blue indicators? Is this no big deal? Should I do the mod and not worry about it? :dunno:

·
Registered
104 Posts
joyriiide1113 said:
It looks a bit tacky to me... I would get the really bright white ones, but not the blue coated bulbs...

My .02
Agreed. Try to stay away from a ricer look. Stick with OEM or a European (obviously) theme. I like the white bulbs.

Don't try to mix the two. BMW's are far to classy to incorporate ricer tack-on's. IMHO.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Plus...white or blue is really hard to see (or noticed) in the daytime. I agree with everyone that you should just stick with the OEM amber.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blue is illegal in all states. Bright White with a shade of blue is illegal too. They are only to be used on police cars and or emergency vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts