BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my bluebus after a 3 month wait due to shipping and supply chain issues. installed in literally 2 minutes. quality of the audio is WAY BETTER. way more clear and bassy no weird noises in background. cant wait for my mic to come in so i can use the handsfree capability that bluebus has to offer. when ted from bluebus was emailing me he told me to check the wiring to see what my car was prewired with, i have a 05/2001 build with dsp/nav. checked the wiring that was hidden in the left side of the trunk and i came across a few unused wires....would like to know if anyone knows what they are used for.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
I've had mine for about 10 months. I love it. Had a few issues with my oem noise cancelling microphone, but ordered an NIB older version without that feature and phone calls are fine now. I also had a few issues with the software (unstable and freezing), but support from Ted has been excellent and he assisted with updating mine and it has been working well since. Audio quality is great, and I love the one touch blinkers feature, same as on my M550iX. Previously I had the factory bluetooth phone and used a USA Spec adapter kit to stream audio from my Iphone

·
BMW Gnurd
2000 BMW 540i/6 - ESS Supercharger, KW Coilovers, Stoptech Brakes, Euro Interior, M Bumpers and more
5 Posts
I just wish they were available. Next summer? I bought the grom for now and hopefully they figure out the production woes and will buy the bluebus when it’s available.

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
I just wish they were available. Next summer? I bought the grom for now and hopefully they figure out the production woes and will buy the bluebus when it’s available.
The problem I hear is parts needed to build them are no longer available (at least at a reasonable cost people will pay), so he's having to redesign it to use another commonly available key component. I suspect that will take some time, he will need to do extensive testing to ensure it works reliably. I saw a post somewhere where he said he didn't expect to start shipping again until July 2022. He stopped taking orders at this time. But may be worth the wait, as I believe he will be able to add more features with the updated version.

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
Finally got my bluebus after a 3 month wait due to shipping and supply chain issues. installed in literally 2 minutes. quality of the audio is WAY BETTER. way more clear and bassy no weird noises in background. cant wait for my mic to come in so i can use the handsfree capability that bluebus has to offer. when ted from bluebus was emailing me he told me to check the wiring to see what my car was prewired with, i have a 05/2001 build with dsp/nav. checked the wiring that was hidden in the left side of the trunk and i came across a few unused wires....would like to know if anyone knows what they are used for.
My car is also 05/2001 production, DSP, no NAV. The black connector went to the ULF factory bluetooth phone kit...I still have that in mine, but disconnected currently. The silver BNC connector I believe went to the bluetooth antenna that is mounted under the rear parcel shelf. The others, not sure.

·
BMW Gnurd
2000 BMW 540i/6 - ESS Supercharger, KW Coilovers, Stoptech Brakes, Euro Interior, M Bumpers and more
5 Posts
The problem I hear is parts needed to build them are no longer available (at least at a reasonable cost people will pay), so he's having to redesign it to use another commonly available key component. I suspect that will take some time, he will need to do extensive testing to ensure it works reliably. I saw a post somewhere where he said he didn't expect to start shipping again until July 2022. He stopped taking orders at this time. But may be worth the wait, as I believe he will be able to add more features with the updated version.
Sadly I get it. Honestly I would pay much more for it if i could get my hands on it. I am probably the exception. I will be patient. Until then I will go with the second best.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's really too bad on the wait. Ted's a great resource and makes a quality product. I had a slew of wires and connectors that I had no idea what they were used for (phone, printer?) In the end I only need a couple and like 540 M-Sport has stated, it's a great upgrade for an almost 20 year old car. I have DSP and Navigation in my car and I don't recall installing the "old" version of the microphone for the phone. Ted did had some recommendations in the settings that cleared up my problem. Pre and post install picture, temp install.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Circuit component Electricity Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Electronic component

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
BTW, I will add that I did the Bavsound eight speaker upgrade during Covid lockdown in 2020, and wish I had done it long ago. I did the M-Audio subs like 16 years ago, and the combination is amazing with Bluebus.

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
I've been thinking about the Bavsound upgrade myself, trying to justify the cost for a car that only get driven in the summer on weekends. 🤔
Black Friday sale going on. $404 with free shipping. Takes an afternoon to install, maybe three hours if you are slow and careful like me...sold my old speakers on Ebay for $50.
Well worth the effort and minimal cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts