BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They don't fit? Have you looked into BC?
Oops, you're right, those are for an Audi, but thinking they have them for the e39 too and I don't know and haven't heard anything about them.

My main goal is lowering the car and don't want to cut the stock springs. This looked like it might be a good, cost effective alternative. I'll take a look at the BC's, thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh well, they don't have any for e39. The next set is Solo-Wrks S1 for $500. :(

Jim

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Jim - I have the 03 Sport/M-tech/whatever (so possible ride height difference) and I just have H&R springs in front. Shocks and rear springs are still OE and strong. Just throwing another "lowering" option for you.

Ignore the dirty wheels. It is raining and here and nearly time for the weekend bath.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh well, they don't have any for e39. The next set is Solo-Wrks S1 for $500. :(

Jim
K-sport makes some cheap-o's for the 540 in that $500 price range

BC definitely does make them for the 540 but I believe you're looking at least 800? I'd have to look again - those were the ones I was going to go with, including the adjustable dampener thing for the rear deck.

·
Under the lift arms
13,085 Posts
we talking about them on a a4? cause we got a guy who comes to the shop that has them... they are descent

pss9's are the only way

I have done a lot of suspensions on others cars and mine own, and i can tell you for sure....

you get what you pay for

the 500$ will last half the time as the 2500 setup

thats why there is such a price spread

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Jim - I have the 03 Sport/M-tech/whatever (so possible ride height difference) and I just have H&R springs in front. Shocks and rear springs are still OE and strong. Just throwing another "lowering" option for you.

Ignore the dirty wheels. It is raining and here and nearly time for the weekend bath.
How were you able to get only the front springs? I have only seen them in kits for all 4 corners. It's the front of the car that really needs to be lowered, the back isn't all that bad. I don't know how the front got to be so high in the air, but it's really up there!!

Also wondering about the difference between the standard 540 springs and the Msport. Would think the Msport springs would fit just fine in the standard style carriers, shocks etc.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
How were you able to get only the front springs? I have only seen them in kits for all 4 corners. It's the front of the car that really needs to be lowered, the back isn't all that bad. I don't know how the front got to be so high in the air, but it's really up there!!

Also wondering about the difference between the standard 540 springs and the Msport. Would think the Msport springs would fit just fine in the standard style carriers, shocks etc.

Thanks,
Jim
PO did the setup and so I have a box with OE front springs and H&R rears. But doing a quick search you can get front only, just seems like our usual suspects (ecs etc) have the packages. I suspect that most of them would work with you if you gave a call. And as far as I can tell the springs are "plug and play", no adaptors/plates/etc required.

It isn't the "total package" but if you are fine with the existing equipment and trying to save a few $ it is an option.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PO did the setup and so I have a box with OE front springs and H&R rears. But doing a quick search you can get front only, just seems like our usual suspects (ecs etc) have the packages. I suspect that most of them would work with you if you gave a call. And as far as I can tell the springs are "plug and play", no adaptors/plates/etc required.

It isn't the "total package" but if you are fine with the existing equipment and trying to save a few $ it is an option.
Running kyb gas shocks and they seem quite adequate. Think if the car was a bunch lower I would be a bunch happier. I don't want to look cool, just that it has to be sitting way higher than it ever came from the factory, I'm not sure why, perhaps it's because of the gas in the shocks, but for what ever reason it does look quite a bit like a 4 wheel drive 540!

I'll look into the front only spring option, have so many pressing bills right now saving some coin would be mercy!

Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
i'm running DGR c/o from GB on m5bored....

awesome, couldn't be happier for $895...

custom spring rates with perfect dampening...

went 10/8k, however my roads are pretty glassy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts