Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with this color in terms of maintenance and how much care it needs to keep it without spots or water marks or deterioration from acid rain etc? I am choosing between this color and white.

I have seen Bluestone and the color depends on the lighting. More often than not it looks gray much more so than how it looks on the website.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had mine a bit over a year and agree it manages dust and dirt well. Even wearing a layer of it, the car gets compliments on the street every month.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I currently have bluestone and have had a white vehicle. The Bluestone is easier to care for than white and it's a nicer color.

If you live somewhere where it rains a lot and the sky is often grey or gloomy, darker colors will look better than lighter colors, but they will of course be harder to keep clean.

I wanted Carbon Black but I knew I wouldn't want to put the effort in to keep it clean so I went with Bluestone and still enjoy it 1.5 years after getting it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had mine for over a year it it still gleams when its sunny and hides dirt well at other times. Many compliments from people at the gas station telling me what a cool color it is.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've had mine for almost 2 years now, and compared to white (which I have owned too), this color is much easier to keep clean looking.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,631 Posts
Just over 40,000 miles on mine. I clay and seal twice a year, hand-wash for 8 months of the year, and run it through an all cloth car wash during the winter. Very easy to maintain. I don't like it as much as my prior Space Gray, TiAg, Silverstone II or Sterling Gray, but it's a very nice color indeed. And I think it suits the G30 perfectly, much better than Alpine White which doesn't show the surface detailing as well.

One complaint if you are a purist: Viewed really close up, the distribution of the blue pigment isn't as uniform as I'd like, particularly on the hood. You can see the individual drops of blue, and they are not the same shape, nor aligned uniformly. In a way, it's a bit like a granite countertop: viewed from across the room the color may look homogeneous, but up close you spot the randomness of nature. None of my prior BMW colors had a similar effect (though a couple of my cars had really bad orange peel - particularly my Deep Sea Blue X5 35D - but that's a different phenomenon).

I LOVE everything else about the car, and it's a lease, so the non-uniformity on the paint is no big deal. but if I was purchasing the car with the intention of keeping it for a decade, I'd spring for the Individual paint.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I considered Bluestone but opted for Carbon Black, which I unfortunately consider a PITA to maintain and keep clean. I'd like an Estoril Blue G30 or Canary Yellow -- fun colors! I hope BMW offers a less dowdy, more vibrant color palate when it updates the LCI G30.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I considered Bluestone but opted for Carbon Black, which I unfortunately consider a PITA to maintain and keep clean. I'd like an Estoril Blue G30 or Canary Yellow -- fun colors! I hope BMW offers a less dowdy, more vibrant color palate when it updates the LCI G30.
I agree but I'm not holding my breath. You can have any colour you want in this car as long as it's black, white or a variation on grey or blue. That said, I really do like the colour of mine.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hides dirt very well. I applied Kamakazie ISM ceramic coating myself, after clay, and polish and it has held up fantastic. Often would go 2 weeks between washes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I guess I’m in the minority, I feel it shows more dirt than my previous AW 3 series did. That said, it is a pretty color. Honestly, had I known it would show dirt at this rate, I would have opted for Med blue or carbon black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts