BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I picked up my new coupe today with the Ipod connector and bluetooth-enabled stereo. I love em both! The cellphone is easy to use once installed and synced with the car and the Ipod connector, while the volume is initially low, works quite well and provides good quality. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have noticed my ipod seems to act up when I have my bluetooth enabled phone in the car. Every so often I have to reboot the ipod, or it just stops during play, etc. This did not happen before I got my bluetooth phone and synched it with my car. Any suggestions??

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
so does the actual phone conversation go to your speakers??and mic in phone?

·
Registered
314 Posts
iplayazi said:
so does the actual phone conversation go to your speakers??and mic in phone?
The phone relays the call wirelessly to the car. The mic is in the headliner near the sunroof switch. The other party's voice comes thru the sound system's speakers.

Don

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I bought an IPod interface on EBay for $91.00 and am taking my car to Sound Advice tomorrow to have it installed. Their price for the install is just $75 comparied to BMW's install @ $250.00.
I will try to remember to tell you all of my experience.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The reason the audio output is low is the Ipod connector from BMW uses the headphone jack for the source from the Ipod. At least this is how it is depicted in the photos. You need to take the audio out of the dock connector on he bottom of the Ipod which is a true line out. You might be able to rig this up by using an ipod doc and connecting the BMW cable to the line out on the bottom of the dock. The only question is if it will stand up in the glove box. Otherwise, pay for an IceLink.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts