BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a F10 Manufactured in May of 2011 , with that being said it is supposed to have audio bluetooth capabilities as well as the ipod connection. When i plug my iphone 6s Plus in it says "Not supported" There is no software upgrade options in the car at all , i checked the bmw update site its telling me to look inside the car for the update. I bring it to the dealership they have no clue. HOW do i fix this the last 6 of my vin is C601234 :dunno:

·
Family Fleet Maintenance
272 Posts
My 2011 is optioned just like yours. You should easily have bluetooth audio though without album covers but should play no problem. Using a lightning to usb connector with BMW Connected app on your phone you should be able to play Pandora and about any other audio app through the I control. I had to update the media and tele services software in the car.

I pulled this from a file I had on doing the update. Once I did this my audio and BMW Connected worked with my iPhone.

How BMW TeleService Update works.
BMW TeleService Update can be accessed via the iDrive menu of your BMW. The latest software
updates for mobile phones and USB media player can be downloaded from the BMW website to a USB
memory stick and uploaded directly to your vehicle through the selection option. The iDrive operating
system lets you know if software was installed successfully ***8211; thus ensuring your mobile devices and your
BMW stay connected. To find out which mobile phones are supported by BMW TeleService Update, see
'Bluetooth interface' and 'Compatibility test' at www.bmw.com/bluetooth.

Software update from
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/co...mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html

Hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2011's bluetooth works fine. It is a little temperamental where I need to re enter "CD" to get it to play from time to time, i.e. switch to "Radio" then back to "CD." I don't know if this is the problem you are having. Something happened in the 2011 year where later models seem to have more function available - according to BMW Genius. For example, you can't load music in a hard drive in my car. I don't think it will play USB either, but I may be wrong. BTW the link above doesn't work. Is there another one?

·
Family Fleet Maintenance
272 Posts
OK, thanks I fixed the link. You may have to sign in to get the link to work then enter you last 7 of the VIN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts