BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I looked around and didn't see any thread addressing my specific issue so starting a new thread. I have MY2014 X3 F25 ordered in March/April 2013 time frame. I didn't get the navigation or any other extra stuff so I received it with 6.5" screen and iDrive system. I want to stream audio via Bluetooth but I cannot find option to enable Bluetooth Audio under configuration. I have 06NH - Hands-free Bluetooth and USB so I can make and receive calls just fine.

I have read every single instruction manual that I could find and all of them say that I should be able to stream audio via Bluetooth with iDrive, I even called the Bluetooth information customer service and they told me the same thing. I've gone into MAIN MENU > TELEPHONE > CONFIGURE PHONE and all I see is "Telephone" as my only available option to select. I do not see Audio hence cannot enable it. Can this be fixed with software coding or is it a hardware issue? I am thinking of coding mine to do extra stuff with the key fob and hoping this can be fixed with software coding.

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am on very early stages of coding. I have recently been reading forums and instruction on how to code and now feel confident so downloaded the required software. I have yet to buy the ENET cable once I get everything, I will look for it. But please keep the comments coming.

Thanks,

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what I have on my 2014 F25, can I make it work with this Combox with help of e-sys and coding?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,874 Posts
Here is what I have on my 2014 F25, can I make it work with this Combox with help of e-sys and coding?
If you are referring to Enhanced Bluetooth with A2DP streaming, then yes, you can.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I would like to be able to stream audio through bluetooth, I can only make/receive calls but cannot play audio via bluetooth since I don't have navigation (6.5in screen). Can you tell me how can I do it with e-sys coding?

Also, since I have the combox what else I can do with the help of coding (i.e. video playback, office function, sms, email, etc.)

Thanks for all your help! Very much appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
40,874 Posts
Yes, I would like to be able to stream audio through bluetooth, I can only make/receive calls but cannot play audio via bluetooth since I don't have navigation (6.5in screen). Can you tell me how can I do it with e-sys coding?

Also, since I have the combox what else I can do with the help of coding (i.e. video playback, office function, sms, email, etc.)

Thanks for all your help! Very much appreciate it!
You can do all that, except you will not gain Video Playback as additional hardware is needed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great, I am really happy to hear that. If I can get the coding instruction for each of those items, it would be really awesome.

Hopefully last question, what about Voice Commands for SMS or email?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
40,874 Posts
Great, I am really happy to hear that. If I can get the coding instruction for each of those items, it would be really awesome.

Hopefully last question, what about Voice Commands for SMS or email?

Thanks again!
Coding instruction is change VO from 6NH to 6NK and VO Code Head Unit and Combox.

I don't know about Voice Commands. I don't bother using any of the Office functions because they are pretty much worthless.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shawn,

Thanks for your help. I went ahead changed toe VO from 6NH to 6NR instead of 6NK as you suggested. Don't ask my why but I got the urge to try 6NR hoping that it will be give access some of the things that 6NH wont give me. I did accomplish bluetooth audio after I FDL coded the HU_CHAMP2 and CMB_MEDIA. Should I keep 6NR or change it to 6NH? Will it hurt if I keep it at 6NR? While I was browsing through all of the functions, I noticed so many things that I would want make it available. Do you have any suggestion or input on some of the things I would be able to use considering I do not have Navigation and HDD? Also, I do not have the office function (SMS and email function unlocked yet and I do not know which CAFDs to edit, I'd appreciate it you can help me with that.

Thanks a lot....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One more thing that I noticed, my Album art is not visible on the screen, could someone tell me how do I get it working?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
40,874 Posts
Shawn,

Thanks for your help. I went ahead changed toe VO from 6NH to 6NR instead of 6NK as you suggested. Don't ask my why but I got the urge to try 6NR hoping that it will be give access some of the things that 6NH wont give me. I did accomplish bluetooth audio after I FDL coded the HU_CHAMP2 and CMB_MEDIA. Should I keep 6NR or change it to 6NH? Will it hurt if I keep it at 6NR? While I was browsing through all of the functions, I noticed so many things that I would want make it available. Do you have any suggestion or input on some of the things I would be able to use considering I do not have Navigation and HDD? Also, I do not have the office function (SMS and email function unlocked yet and I do not know which CAFDs to edit, I'd appreciate it you can help me with that.

Thanks a lot....
What? :confused:

You cannot replace 6NH Bluetooth Option Code with 6NR BMW Apps option code. This is Apples and Oranges here. You need to replace 6NH Bluetooth Option Code with 6NK Enhanced Bluetooth Option Code.

Furthermore, 6NR BMW Apps requires a 9C FSC Code be Imported and Activated in the Head Unit to enable it, and I am not even sure then if it is available with HU_CHAMP2.

Office is enabled in Head Unit via MACRO_PIM = aktiv. This too though I do not know if it works with HU_CHAMP2.

·
Premium Member
40,874 Posts
One more thing that I noticed, my Album art is not visible on the screen, could someone tell me how do I get it working?

Thanks.
See if it is an issue still after you actually code 6NK Enhanced Bluetooth.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So if go back and change the VO code to 6NK, will I loose all of the other changes I made such as folding mirrors with key fob and etc.?

·
Premium Member
40,874 Posts
So if go back and change the VO code to 6NK, will I loose all of the other changes I made such as folding mirrors with key fob and etc.?
After you VO Code HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA with 6NK, you will loose only the FDL Codes in those two ECU"s. But it is only a couple minutes to recode them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shawn,

It looks like I didn't follow the correct procedures (this is my first time and wasn't really sure what "VO Code ECU" meant) I found your post on F30post forum and I now have clear directions. In order for me to VO Code the ecu I would need to right click on the ECU (CMB_MEDIA) it self and then click on Code. Instead what I did is as follows; Edited and wrote the FA => Read CMB_MEDIA and HU_CHAMP2 CAFD but right clicking and selecting Read Code Data => Edit FDL => Edited values under things like Bluetooth_Audio.

My questions are, is this going to hurt me(car) in anyway? Am I missing any functionality? Should I redo everything to correct all of these?

·
Premium Member
40,874 Posts
Shawn,

It looks like I didn't follow the correct procedures (this is my first time and wasn't really sure what "VO Code ECU" meant) I found your post on F30post forum and I now have clear directions. In order for me to VO Code the ecu I would need to right click on the ECU (CMB_MEDIA) it self and then click on Code. Instead what I did is as follows; Edited and wrote the FA => Read CMB_MEDIA and HU_CHAMP2 CAFD but right clicking and selecting Read Code Data => Edit FDL => Edited values under things like Bluetooth_Audio.

My questions are, is this going to hurt me(car) in anyway? Am I missing any functionality? Should I redo everything to correct all of these?
You can either VO Code it based on the ECU, or make every needed FDL change in the ECU Manually. The choice is yours. When you FDL Code though, you run the risk of missing an FDL Code you might need changed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the exact same situation as patelm. I purchased a 2014 BMW X3 28i without the technology package. I want to play Pandora using the Bluetooth feature. I asked the sales guy before I bought it if this could be done he gave me a convincing "yes".

I don't see a conclusion to this thread. I am also not very tech savvy and I'd prefer to not mess around with the programming.

Can this model be changed through the programming listed above so I can play Pandora through Bluetooth? Is this something the dealership could do?

Is there any type of adapter that I could buy to stream Pandora?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
40,874 Posts
Most likely your car can be coded for EBT. Your dealer cannot code your car though, they can only program it, which means using factory settings.

With EBT, you can stream music wirelessly from the phone over Bluetooth, so long as the phone supports A2DP Bluetooth profile, so no adapter is needed.

Understand with EBT, all the music is controlled via the phone though. This will not be the BMW Apps Pandora interface, which is controlled via iDrive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts