BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im posting this on my behalf because Im sure anyone who has an e60 with an aux cord will love to have this and eliminate that cord, but more importantly, if you have the new iphone 7 this will give you life again.

More Info:
http://www.roskinc.com/products.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK... I am seriously in need of an auxillary cord... This FM transmitter stuff is weak.
I have the aux cord that plugs into the back of the radio with the 12 pin oem style connector but need to know how to get the car to identify it...
Everything points to the BMW shop programming it in or buying a programmer to do the job...
Looking at buying the Carly II???

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK... I am seriously in need of an auxillary cord... This FM transmitter stuff is weak.
I have the aux cord that plugs into the back of the radio with the 12 pin oem style connector but need to know how to get the car to identify it...
Everything points to the BMW shop programming it in or buying a programmer to do the job...
Looking at buying the Carly II???
I wouldn't go the dealer, but looking around in your area for a programmer or do it your self.....

or you can get carly but im not 100 % positive that carly can code aux or not.

·
Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
888 Posts
nope carly cant code aux. Nice find, thanks.

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get power from for this?
His installation video shows you where to tape into for power/ground

Power goes to the CCC unit, its a white/purple wire or white and green, can't remember

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have heard that the volume is low from the retrofit aux setups.
I tried a friends car and it was less than 50% of the volume from the radio/cd.

Is this the case here?

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard that the volume is low from the retrofit aux setups.
I tried a friends car and it was less than 50% of the volume from the radio/cd.

Is this the case here?
nope

and it all depends on where u get the aux cord as well. I when I first did the aux cord mod, I got my cord from ebay, and sound was horrible... Then I ordered Roskinc cord which looks identical to the one I bought and it sounded perfect...

·
Registered
47 Posts
His installation video shows you where to tape into for power/ground

Power goes to the CCC unit, its a white/purple wire or white and green, can't remember
Where is the installation video? And what do you use to program?

-Jeffinslaw

*EDIT* Just found the "How To" section on his website. Might get the rental kit and do this myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts