BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Motorola V600 cellphone that should be Bluetooth capable. I also plan to get the Bluetooth package with my E90. Now, I should be able to use the phone with the car on the day of delivery correct? I bought the phone specifically for the use of Bluetooth and would just like to make sure I can use this feature right off of the showroom floor.

· Registered
92 Posts
Andm99 said:
Just picked up a Motorola V600 cellphone that should be Bluetooth capable. I also plan to get the Bluetooth package with my E90. Now, I should be able to use the phone with the car on the day of delivery correct? I bought the phone specifically for the use of Bluetooth and would just like to make sure I can use this feature right off of the showroom floor.
my dealer told me that they just have to do a quick thing so that the car recognizes your phone or something....buy yeah...it will work the day you get your car

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks. Wanted to make sure it wasn't an option I buy then bam! you have to pay the dealer 300 bucks to configure.

Also, the V600 seems to be a pretty cool little phone if anyone else was considering one. Hopefully it will be just as good in the car.

· Registered
92 Posts
Andm99 said:
Cool, thanks. Wanted to make sure it wasn't an option I buy then bam! you have to pay the dealer 300 bucks to configure.

Also, the V600 seems to be a pretty cool little phone if anyone else was considering one. Hopefully it will be just as good in the car.
i bought a motorola Razor phone for my car!

· Registered
325 Posts
Sony Erricsson for Bluetooth

Check out Sony Erricson phones for bluetooth - they rock! They can do cool things including spell out caller name on the bluetooth headset or the car speakers (as the case should be in a BMW with bluetooth), allow you to answer or not by just speaking (my phone does this - when it rings it speaks out caller name and I can say "Answer" or "Busy") and also let me dictate notes to the phone. I have found that many motorola phones do not implement all Bluetooth specs (Bluetooth has different profiles which are just a collection of capabilities of the device - when some one says bluetooth device it doesn't mean the device supports all profiles). Ultimately the critical thing is whether the BMW supports those profiles but you wouldn't want the phone's capabilities to be the weakest link either!

· Le fabuleux destin
575 Posts
fidozoom said:
Check out Sony Erricson phones for bluetooth - they rock! They can do cool things including spell out caller name on the bluetooth headset or the car speakers (as the case should be in a BMW with bluetooth), allow you to answer or not by just speaking (my phone does this - when it rings it speaks out caller name and I can say "Answer" or "Busy") and also let me dictate notes to the phone. I have found that many motorola phones do not implement all Bluetooth specs (Bluetooth has different profiles which are just a collection of capabilities of the device - when some one says bluetooth device it doesn't mean the device supports all profiles). Ultimately the critical thing is whether the BMW supports those profiles but you wouldn't want the phone's capabilities to be the weakest link either!
Yes many of the Bluetooth functions are hobbled on the Moto phones, but fully featured on the Sony Erricsons. I have both, and the S.E. does about twice as much stuff as the Moto in terms of Bluetooth. Often I have to plug in the Moto to do things like sync addresses....kind of defeats the purpose of getting a Bluetooth phone.

· Registered
34 Posts
Andm99 said:
Here's the official list of fully supported bluetooth devices...
Moto V600 is included!!!

Attachments

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blax said:
Yes many of the Bluetooth functions are hobbled on the Moto phones, but fully featured on the Sony Erricsons. I have both, and the S.E. does about twice as much stuff as the Moto in terms of Bluetooth. Often I have to plug in the Moto to do things like sync addresses....kind of defeats the purpose of getting a Bluetooth phone.
Yeah, if I have to plug in the phone then there isn't much point behind me using bluetooth.

· Registered
67 Posts
Phones

The Bluetooth option (US$450,00) will be compatible with:
Ericsson T39m, T68i
Motorola V600
Nokia 6310i and 8910i
Siemans S55
Sony Ericsson T610, T630 and Z600

Compatible phones but no phonebook transfer
Nokia 3650, N-gage, 6230, 6600, 6820 and 7600

This info as per BMW South Africa

· Registered
325 Posts
swanich said:
The Bluetooth option (US$450,00) will be compatible with:
Ericsson T39m, T68i
Motorola V600
Nokia 6310i and 8910i
Siemans S55
Sony Ericsson T610, T630 and Z600

Compatible phones but no phonebook transfer
Nokia 3650, N-gage, 6230, 6600, 6820 and 7600

This info as per BMW South Africa
Where did you get the price of 450$ - can you get it apart from bmw assist - the assist costs 750$ and includes Bluetooth. is there are way to get bluetooth standalone?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.