BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you activate the bluetooth on my 2006 325i?

When I bought the car I was excited that it had bluetooth capability. Soon I found out that
it could not be activated!
I have a useless button on my steering wheel now and according to the sales guy, it will not work unless i get the BMW assist package for $1500 or so!
I still think that there is a way to activate the bluetooth. Let me know if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Bluetooth is part of the PP and it's also avilable as a stand-alone option. Did you buy the option?

·
MSVConrad++
22 Posts
I'm actually interested in if someone has activated the bluetooth option in their stereo as well. It all seems to be built in, and I bet when you pay w/e the cost is to get it that they just pop in some code or wave a magic wand and the stereo console activates the bluetooth for you. I'm not looking to buy it, I'm looking to just activate it if someone knows how.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
I'm actually interested in if someone has activated the bluetooth option in their stereo as well. It all seems to be built in, and I bet when you pay w/e the cost is to get it that they just pop in some code or wave a magic wand and the stereo console activates the bluetooth for you. I'm not looking to buy it, I'm looking to just activate it if someone knows how.
Bluetooth has nothing to do with the "stereo" so the answer is of course no. It is available only through the appropriate TCU.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
Can you activate the bluetooth on my 2006 325i?

When I bought the car I was excited that it had bluetooth capability. Soon I found out that
it could not be activated!
I have a useless button on my steering wheel now and according to the sales guy, it will not work unless i get the BMW assist package for $1500 or so!
I still think that there is a way to activate the bluetooth. Let me know if you can. Thanks.
You can only activate Bluetooth if you have it already. Why did you think the car "had bluetooth capability" but then you found it "it could not be activated." That makes no sense. If it has the capability of course it can be activated.

If you didn't order Bluetooth in the first place, either along with the premium package or as an option, they you need to purchase a standalone TCU.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
What exactly is a TCU? Sorry for the noob questions.
telematics control unit, it would also be known as the BMW Assist unit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.