BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I installed the bluetooth kit from advancedautovations today. I do get the message aysing Bluetooth pairing but then nothing happens. I did the following :

1. Press the bleutooth console button for about a second
2. while holding down that button turn ignition to position 1
3. I get the message "Bluetooth Pairing" displayed on my nav screen
4. Then I turn on Bluetooth with" Find me" Option on my Motorola V3 Razor.
But then nothing happens. :dunno:
It is that my ULF needs to be recoded. Any suggestions.
I own a 2001 X5 4.6is with prod date of 02/02.
Thanks.
JD

·
Member of the ® club
1,280 Posts
From your description it sounds to me like the vehicle BT is working properly. A couple questions/suggestions.

First, where did you mount the BT antenna? That's what talks to the phone, so if it's not mounted properly then you won't get a good signal to do this.

Second, have you tried any other phones? I'd first check to see if I could pair a different phone to help isolate if you possibly may have a phone issue.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
bmw2805 said:
4. Then I turn on Bluetooth with" Find me" Option on my Motorola V3 Razor.
But then nothing happens. :dunno:
On the V3, it is under Settings / Connection / Bluetooth Link / Handsfree / [Look for Devices]. The Find Me (another menu option in Bluetooth Link / Setup) won't do anything. The phone has to initiate pairing with the car via [Look for Devices].

Edit: BTW, all coding does is change the device ID string the car sends from "ULF serial-number" to "BMW vin-number".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Connects and then disconnects immediately

Theank you Teryy for the instruction. It did the "Look For devices" on my phone, It found "BMW ULF" ans asked me for teh passcode. Which I entered. Then it connects and then immediately disconnects. I tried it several times but still the same probelm - Connecta and in less than a second it disconnects. :dunno:

Please advice.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
bmw2805 said:
Theank you Teryy for the instruction. It did the "Look For devices" on my phone, It found "BMW ULF" ans asked me for teh passcode. Which I entered. Then it connects and then immediately disconnects. I tried it several times but still the same probelm - Connecta and in less than a second it disconnects. :dunno:
Try turning off the car (all the way to key-out), wait 10 seconds or so, and re-start the car. Does the problem still happen?

If so, post your phone's firmware version and flex version (found in Settings / Phone Status / Other Information), as well as your carrier (for reference, I'm using a Cingular-branded RAZR w/ R374_G_0E.40.57R_A1 / GSMV3xxCIN02NA088 / Cingular as well as an OEM Black RAZR w/ R374_G_0E.40.9DR / GSMV3xxT674TA09E / various with no problems on a 387 ULF.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V3 Razor software version

I have an OEM Black Razor Cingular RAZR
Flex Version : SE607AXXT1088
S/W Version : R374_G_0E.40.79R
DSP S/W Version : 62222200

My wife's V3 Razor with AT&T details (Same problem)
Flex Version : GSMV3xxCIN01NA04E
S/W Version : R374_G_0E.40.57R
DSP S/W Version : 62212100

Thanks for the help.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
bmw2805 said:
I have an OEM Black Razor Cingular RAZR
Flex Version : SE607AXXT1088
S/W Version : R374_G_0E.40.79R
DSP S/W Version : 62222200

My wife's V3 Razor with AT&T details (Same problem)
Flex Version : GSMV3xxCIN01NA04E
S/W Version : R374_G_0E.40.57R
DSP S/W Version : 62212100

Thanks for the help.
Um, that second one is the Cingular one. Anyway, I had the same software revision on my Cingular RAZR before I upgraded the firmware and it worked fine (and still does, after upgrading to the latest Cingular firmware / flex).

Did you try shutting off the car, waiting, and then seeing if the phone stopped the connect / disconnect cycle?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Terry Kennedy said:
Um, that second one is the Cingular one. Anyway, I had the same software revision on my Cingular RAZR before I upgraded the firmware and it worked fine (and still does, after upgrading to the latest Cingular firmware / flex).

Did you try shutting off the car, waiting, and then seeing if the phone stopped the connect / disconnect cycle?
Yes I actullay tried to connect a few minutes ago and still the same problem. The last I tried was about 2 hours ago and the car was not driven, I would suppose the blutooth system should ave recycled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts