BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have paired up my SonyEricsson T610 phone with my car. When I tried to do a "Dial a name", the system said there is no entries in my phone book. Do I have to add the voice name one by one? I can see my phone book in the car but I can't retrieve them by voice. Does the voice name tag of my T610 get imported to the car or not? Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
jeffreyfu said:
I have paired up my SonyEricsson T610 phone with my car. When I tried to do a "Dial a name", the system said there is no entries in my phone book. Do I have to add the voice name one by one? I can see my phone book in the car but I can't retrieve them by voice. Does the voice name tag of my T610 get imported to the car or not? Please help. Thanks
Voice tags do not get imported. Need to create them....Once it is done, works flawlessly, at least for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
jeffreyfu said:
The car's voice entries are really a separate phonebook from your phone's; they will work with any phone you happen to have paired up, and they do not disappear when you clear the phone's pairing. And yes you do have to record each one into the car. Best for numbers you really use a lot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Motorola E815 syncs up with the car fine, transfers my entire phone book, and I can voice dial any number on my phone. Never had to enter names 1 by 1 or anything like that. Just paired the phone, and started using it. I was actually surprised how easy it was and how little hassle there was..

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
Ghunger said:
My Motorola E815 syncs up with the car fine, transfers my entire phone book, and I can voice dial any number on my phone. Never had to enter names 1 by 1 or anything like that. Just paired the phone, and started using it. I was actually surprised how easy it was and how little hassle there was..
you must have iDrive. I think non iDrive cars work differently. The integration is not as good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
chuck92103 said:
you must have iDrive. I think non iDrive cars work differently. The integration is not as good.
I do have I-drive, and have the phone paired, but I think it depends on your phone. I have the Bberry 7600 and the phone book did not transfer at all. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
It has something to do OBEX (Object exchange). Not all phones come enabled with that.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
jeffreyfu said:
The SE T610 is fully compatible so this depends on whether you have CCC or M-ASK. If you have CCC, then you have true speech recognition and you do not need to set up a separate phonebook for your entries in order to use voice commands. If you have M-ASK, then you need to set up the phonebook - consult your manual.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jspira said:
The SE T610 is fully compatible so this depends on whether you have CCC or M-ASK. If you have CCC, then you have true speech recognition and you do not need to set up a separate phonebook for your entries in order to use voice commands. If you have M-ASK, then you need to set up the phonebook - consult your manual.
Thanks for all your replies.

What is CCC and what is M-ASK?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts