BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Hopeing one of you computer whizzkids can help me please!

I purchased a bluetooth conversion kit from www.bimmernav.com to replace my Motorola V50 kit.

I have installed everything but I can't get the phone to pair.

The instructions say to hold down the pairing button for at least 1 second before truning the ignition to position 1 and then release 2-3 seconds later. It states that the 3 lights to the top right of my nav screen should flash but I can't get this to happen. All mine says is activate phone and that's as far as I get.

I should say at this point that I forgot to disconnect my battery at this point so i'm wondering if my car needs re-programming or something.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This may be a collection of dumb suggestions BUT have you tried A) making sure your phone is discoverable having the passcode handy B) try to initiate the pairing from the phone, i.e. search for new hands-free C) start the car, turn off the car, restart the pairing process?

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
gunslinger1976 said:
I purchased a bluetooth conversion kit from www.bimmernav.com to replace my Motorola V50 kit.

I have installed everything but I can't get the phone to pair.

The instructions say to hold down the pairing button for at least 1 second before truning the ignition to position 1 and then release 2-3 seconds later. It states that the 3 lights to the top right of my nav screen should flash but I can't get this to happen. All mine says is activate phone and that's as far as I get.
It sounds like your pairing button isn't connected properly. Look in the center console where the pairing button's ELO connector joins onto the existing phone harness. You may have an adapter cable in there left over from your old v60 install. Take a look at the car harness and see if there's a 10-inch or so extension cable. If so, disconnect that and connect the pairing button ELO connector directly to where the adapter cable was connected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts