BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought 2007 525i recently and i am trying to set up bluetooth but i am stuck on one step:

i go from setting to -bluetooth communication active- i suppose to push the knob down to click check mark but it does not show as checked. what do i have to do to make it work. PLEASE HELP!:cry:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just did this yesterday on my new (to me) E60

Go to the settings screen for bluetooth...
Then you need to get your phone into the pairing mode ( all phones are different) and make sure you have a passcode and know what it is...

The phone should recoginize the car... then, go thru the setup on the phone...

once you've done the phone thing, give the car a minute or so to find the phone and then it will ask you to accept the device...
Click down to accept and then you will have to insert the passcode...Use the iDrive to enter the passcode...Once you have this, then click the iDrive knob down and then you should be able to accept...

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have read my manual but somehow it is not working for me. I have followed page #177 step 1 to 5 but got stuck on(page178) step 6 ( the bluetooth link does not get activated on my car. i keep on pressing the controller but does not get checked.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
i have read my manual but somehow it is not working for me. I have followed page #177 step 1 to 5 but got stuck on(page178) step 6 ( the bluetooth link does not get activated on my car. i keep on pressing the controller but does not get checked.
Check the Bluetooth settings on your phone. Once the phone finds the car, click the connection EX BMW12345 to Divice properties go to Encryption and change to enable.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Try to turn the controller to advance down the screen, then click it on...I think that may solve the problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have the exact same problem! Do you manage to solve it?

Thank You.

Regards,
Igor.

i bought 2007 525i recently and i am trying to set up bluetooth but i am stuck on one step:

i go from setting to -bluetooth communication active- i suppose to push the knob down to click check mark but it does not show as checked. what do i have to do to make it work. PLEASE HELP!:cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts