BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully you guys can shed some light on the situation.
For those of you who have the bluetooth ULF systems in your E39's are you having problems with the factory mic. sounding too distant? Everytime I call anyone they tell me i sound super far away even if i speak extremely loud.
Thanks,
TurbobladZ

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Is it installed with the arrow pointing towards the windshield? Is it the new-gen mic?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arrow is pointing towards driver i believe, not sure if it is the new gen microphone got it at the dealership

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it installed with the arrow pointing towards the windshield? Is it the new-gen mic?
thanks for you info, the arrow was pointing towards the driver, i switched it around, will let you guys know if it fixes the problem
thanks

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Hope it sounds better!

·
Registered
41 Posts
thanks for you info, the arrow was pointing towards the driver, i switched it around, will let you guys know if it fixes the problem
thanks
The arrow can either point to the front or back windshield. Make sure it's pointing to the front windshield. My other suggestion would be to make sure you have the upgraded microphone. The part number is 84 31 6 938 762. I have the upgraded mic and everyone that I've spoken to can hear me loud and clear. Here's where I ordered it:
http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=93

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same exact problem!

Hi There,

I have the same exact problem. I even have the new upgraded microphone. I can hear the caller perfectly but the caller cannot hear me very well. It's been so frustrating. I have a Verizon Krazr and thought that perhaps it was the phone. How are you doing now with the problem?

Thanks,

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey Zhash,
The arrow on the mic needs to face the front window. Mine was backwards.

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts
Hi There,

I have the same exact problem. I even have the new upgraded microphone. I can hear the caller perfectly but the caller cannot hear me very well. It's been so frustrating. I have a Verizon Krazr and thought that perhaps it was the phone. How are you doing now with the problem?

Thanks,
Regardless of the mics current position, try flipping it 180 degrees and see if it makes a difference. I was surprised how directional the factory mic is.

·
Tha All-star
1,251 Posts
Check and see what color the mic is. The green one is the older one and thats the one you DONT want. ANd MAKE SURE it DOES point towards the windshield. My friend had the same exact problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts