BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am having a very hard time finding a dealership that can help me out with this. I have a 2004 325i. It was manufactered on 6/04. Is there any possible way to get a bluetooth phone to work and keep BMW Assist? They are telling me that they can do it but only the Verizon V710 will work. They only way to get other bluetooth phones to work is to disable the BMW Assist function. It also is going to cost me 1300 dollars to get them to do it. If anyone knows what I need to get this done and work correctly please let me know. I currently have Sprint service and really dont want to change to Verizon. THere is only 2 BMW Dealerships in the Phoenix area and I have talked to both of them. One of them said there is no way to do it and the above is the story of the other. Any help would be appreciated. You can reach me at [email protected]. Thanks Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if anyone has done this and have the part numbers I need to the corrrct TCU please let me know so I can just order the parts and do the install myself. Thanks

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
dryoungker said:
Do you have the part number to that unit?
Ask for P/N 84 11 6 964 114 (around $550-$600 with discount), this TCU have the Assist, Bluetooth and a limited Voice Command feature all in one unit. You can replace you current TCU with this one yourself and then take the car to the dealer for programming (required, 1 hour labor). The tech should know how to program this new TCU and activate all the features because it is an official retrofit.

The Voice Command feature included only works for the phone and it is activated by pressing and holding the phone button. Do a search for more information... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Technic: Is the "limited" voice commands the same as the add-on voice commands (SES) unit for 2005 OEM BT/Nav modules? Also, any word whether we can retrofit the steering wheel button cluster to our ZCP wheels and get the R/T and radio buttons (but not cruise, as ZCP uses I/O to turn on M-track mode). Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you SO much for your help. I am going to th dealership in the morning and will order that TCU. Thanks again!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Technic said:
Ask for P/N 84 11 6 964 114 (around $550-$600 with discount), this TCU have the Assist, Bluetooth and a limited Voice Command feature all in one unit. You can replace you current TCU with this one yourself and then take the car to the dealer for programming (required, 1 hour labor). The tech should know how to program this new TCU and activate all the features because it is an official retrofit.

The Voice Command feature included only works for the phone and it is activated by pressing and holding the phone button. Do a search for more information... :thumbup:
technic is correct.

programming take 15 minutes honestly they have to recode the cluster and something else. search on bimmerboard the bluetooth forum I put a post on how I retrofitted mine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wanted to update that part number to the new BMW part number 84 10 6 965 056. It is on national backorder and they dont know when they are going to get more in. Thanks for all your help with this problem of mine. I will let you know when they arrive so anyone else looking to do this can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I Install the same TCU for my 2002 324i

Hi Technic, Do you think I can install the BMW part number 84 10 6 965 056 on 2002 325i to solve my issue with bluetooth for Razor V3? Thanks

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
lagun2000 said:
Hi Technic, Do you think I can install the BMW part number 84 10 6 965 056 on 2002 325i to solve my issue with bluetooth for Razor V3? Thanks
According to the BMW Assist TCU TSB it is only mentioned that E46s up to 03/04 have the necessary hardware to allow the swap -and it seems that even the partial retrofit if your car did not come with the Assist from factory- of TCUs. So I think that a better solution for your 2002 325i is to buy the OEM Bluetooth ULF module: it is plug 'n play (no programming required), it comes with the full SES Voice Command, the price could be probably less than the Assist TCU and your RAZR V3 should be fully compatible with it.

You can check availability of the BT ULF module based on your production date at your local dealer or in here: http://www.advancedautovations.com/e46 dates.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok now the dealership call me and tells me that there is a new number and they have it in stock. This number is 84 10 6 964 114. I think they are just as confused as me. I am going to buy this one and see what happens. I will let you know how everything comes out! Thanks for all the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts