BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
-
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Bluetooth in my 10/02-built E46 (330Ci). It's the 5th generation ULF module.
It worked fine with my Moto E815 phone. Then a few days ago the steering wheel R/T
button does not do anything and the CALL button only shows a phone number on the
radio display. Incoming calls would not be caught. The microphone/speaker
operation does not work. It does pair when I turn on the car. I have disconnected/
reconnected the battery power, reconnected most devices (except microphone) with
no luck. I just spent $700+ for three weeks of use. I am a bit depressed. Has anyone
heard of this type of behavior before? I am looking for hints to fix. (And to add to this
it's 105 F in LA right now so working on the car is not fun.)

Matt

·
Registered
793 Posts
mwette said:
I installed Bluetooth in my 10/02-built E46 (330Ci). It's the 5th generation ULF module.
It worked fine with my Moto E815 phone. Then a few days ago the steering wheel R/T
button does not do anything and the CALL button only shows a phone number on the
radio display. Incoming calls would not be caught. The microphone/speaker
operation does not work. It does pair when I turn on the car. I have disconnected/
reconnected the battery power, reconnected most devices (except microphone) with
no luck. I just spent $700+ for three weeks of use. I am a bit depressed. Has anyone
heard of this type of behavior before? I am looking for hints to fix. (And to add to this
it's 105 F in LA right now so working on the car is not fun.)

Matt
The BMW BT ULF controls all the BT phone functions so from your list of problems, you have a defective ULF. Since it is only three weeks old, you should be able to get is exchanged.

Good luck....JL

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
While the advice about the TCU is probably correct, your first step should always be to reboot (turn off and on) the phone. Do this with the car off, then start the car and see it things have gotten better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.