Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any solution, so that the vehicle's bluetooth is heard at normal volume? It is heard very low, the volume must be turned up a lot

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nothing built into the BMW as far as I am aware. The same behaviour is pretty universal for bluetooth audio devices, such as earbuds, headphones, portable speakers, smartwatches.

For my Android smartphone, I use an app that increases the output volume on the phone itself, depending on which device is being connected over bluetooth.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nor does it connect me to the bmw connect app, it tells me not supported, it is a note 8 and via usb

·
Registered
39 Posts
The volume is at maximum
That would mean, every time I drive, I have to take out/unlock my phone and adjust the volume. When I leave my car, I would have to do the same to readjust volume back down.

The Android app I use is called "Bluetooth Volume" in Play Store and does these steps automatically whenever bluetooth connects/disconnects. I have different profiles for different volume changes for my earbuds, headphones, smartwatches and portable speaker with varying sensitivities.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nor does it connect me to the bmw connect app, it tells me not supported, it is a note 8 and via usb
Same for my Asus smartphone. After trying multiple times and researching, my understanding is that a limited number of phones have been tested to be compatible (where that list is escapes me now). In particular, the phone has to have a USB feature called "accessory mode".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you set the accessory mode? When connecting the cable, you would have to do it

·
Registered
39 Posts
How do you set the accessory mode? When connecting the cable, you would have to do it
I am not 100% sure since my Asus smartphone does not have it.

Based on my research, there should be an option on your phone for how to connect when you plug in the USB cable. On mine, I can get option for MTP (media transfer protocol) or mass storage, but not accessory mode.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Mine kicked on as soon as I got a call, SUPER LOUD! Scared the crap out of me. I'm pretty sure I was able to control call volume simply by using the radio dial.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts