BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely fantastic!! if I,d known I would'nt have bothered ordering bluetooth on my car as I'm now stuck with a useless Sony ericcsson t630, :mad:
Cheers for the Info!!

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
What do you have against the T630i ? The bluetooth in that phone is working fantastic with BMW.

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
shaney35cars said:
Does anybody know if the nokia 6230 will fit or work with a bluetooth snap fit adaptor? :mad:
How does the Nokia 6230 work with the bluetooth system? I've heard nothing but good things about that phone and i'm thinking about buying it. Anyone have experience with it and the Nav in the latest E46s?

·
Registered
860 Posts
icemanjs4 said:
How does the Nokia 6230 work with the bluetooth system? I've heard nothing but good things about that phone and i'm thinking about buying it. Anyone have experience with it and the Nav in the latest E46s?
BMW does not approve that Phone. It might work, but if it doesn´t, you can´t complain to BMW. Besides, there´s no adaptor from BMW to use the power and antenna for that Nokia. Only for the Nokia 6310i.

http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/automobiles/download/pdf/kompatible_handys.pdf

·
Uber Olive Brain
169 Posts
tierfreund said:
Besides, there´s no adaptor from BMW to use the power and antenna for that Nokia. Only for the Nokia 6310i.
Well, the only real reason to use the adapter is to gain access to the external antenna. If you drive in an area with good reception, you don't need a cradle. A plain car power adapter will be enough.

Besides, if you plan on keeping the car for any length of time, you'll probably switch phones at least once, and, chances are, the new phone(s) will not be compatible with the cradle. You'll then have a useless car feature (kinda like 8-track tapes :p ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts