BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fellow Bimmers I had the opportunity to purchase a BMS N55 Performance Intake for my 2015 E84 and would like to provide feedback on my experience with both the vendor BMS As well as the intake. First the installation. The actual intake has fitment issues. The MAF sensor touches the chasis of the car as well as the air filter touches sections of the airbox. The port on the bms intake where the maf sensor seats is too short and is very cheaply built and does not provide a complete seal. I have attached the pictures comparing it to a bmw intake port. The turbo lag also increased when the BMS instake was installed and there was hesitation in the car at low rpm. When i contacted bms with the quality and fitment issues I was told the sale is final and a return of the product cannot be accepted nor can a credit be issued. I will never purchase any future products from burgertuning.com after this experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad experience.
I'm not big into modding so I don't have much feedback there, but you think they would at least try to keep the customer happy.

I'm assuming you have a 2015 E84 X1? (just for clarification since the 2016 is an F48)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about the bad experience.
I'm not big into modding so I don't have much feedback there, but you think they would at least try to keep the customer happy.

I'm assuming you have a 2015 E84 X1? (just for clarification since the 2016 is an F48)
yes you are right i always get confused with my xdrive 35d x5 which is 2016.

·
Registered
0 Posts
update

Were able to get the intake to fit properly? How big of a headache was it? I have a 2014 E84 and looking for an intake. I guess i could always go the aFe route..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts