Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the throttle lag is beyond annoying in these f30s, I can blame the adaptive throttle learning these cars have. Can anyone chime in with these things? And for those that have it on their cars, explain to me your before and after experience ? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
You've gotten plenty of advice in the other threads you've started on gas pedal response. Rather than starting another redundant thread please go back and read them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of the responses are mediocre, recommending replacing literally everything on the car is not exactly “advice.” I already started going down that route with plugs-coils-air filter, I’m not replacing more stuff to not get a result. If you do not have experience to my question, don’t answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no codes. No check engine light. No boost or air leaks. I am asking if someone that bought these items has eliminated their throttle lag.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
why do you keep asking the same question and ignoring the answers
I have driven a 328 for 3 years, turbo lag is minimal compared to other blown 4 bangers
The reset you keep doing is a waste of time
I would look into a traction control issue. It almost sounds like a malfunctioning sensor cutting off power
Take it to a knowledgeable mechanic

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you’re saying my mechanics are not knowledgeable ? Because I took it to them. They literally checked everything on the car, they found NOTHING. <~ no boost leaks, no air leaks, no codes, no check engine light. It doesn’t always do this. Usually the reset helps, but not for long. Most of these answers has been utterly useless, you guys keep recommending either stuff that I repeatedly done already, or stuff that was checked and was completely fine, people are much more helpful on Bimmerpost and mature with their answers, most of you guys are useless.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My wife regards the Sprint Booster an improvement in her 740i. I don't find the need in my F31 Diesel.
Sprint Booster has 30 day no hassle return. There's your answer.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
If your mechanics can't find anything and you have actually tried everything we have recommended then you need to find someone else to ask. In particular find another mechanic who you can leave the car with for a few weeks. With enough time that person may be able to get the phantom problem to reappear. You have exhausted the number of rational suggestions we can offer for a problem none of us has experienced.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is my daily, I’m not going to take an Uber and rack up bills back and forth like that. I’m not taking it to somebody else because then they “could” recommend to replace something that is totally fine. I spoke to Mike of Extreme Powerhouse and he said the BMS Pedal Tuner will help the issue. It usually fixes itself after I do throttle reset, but eventually reverts back to its old ways. Not trying to sound like a dick, but I don’t want to follow everyone else’s advice (except for those that are answering my questions) because you guys have made me waste money on parts that are perfectly operating fine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife regards the Sprint Booster an improvement in her 740i. I don't find the need in my F31 Diesel.
Sprint Booster has 30 day no hassle return. There's your answer.

Thank you! Literally this is all I was asking for. May I ask for what reason she installed it? Before and after difference? And I don’t recall the diesel BMWs ever having lag, only petrol ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pretty easy solution

Go online. Oder sprint booster. Install in 10 minutes. If you like it your happy and done. If not do a return online. Print return label and return at ups/usps. DONE:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Maybe I'm crazy but is it possible nothing is actually wrong? Have you tried going to a dealer to test drive another car like yours? If you are just looking for more immediate feeling throttle response code the car to start in sport mode.

·
Registered
12,305 Posts
TNot trying to sound like a dick, but I don’t want to follow everyone else’s advice (except for those that are answering my questions) because you guys have made me waste money on parts that are perfectly operating fine.
Which parts have been replaced per suggestion from forum posts?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Maybe I'm crazy but is it possible nothing is actually wrong? Have you tried going to a dealer to test drive another car like yours? If you are just looking for more immediate feeling throttle response code the car to start in sport mode.
This is most likely scenario.
To be honest I can’t even figure out what his issue is. Is it stiff pedal or lack of response from it?
His writing style does not make it easy to follow

·
Registered
12,305 Posts
This is most likely scenario.
To be honest I can’t even figure out what his issue is. Is it stiff pedal or lack of response from it?
His writing style does not make it easy to follow
OP so far changed plugs, coils, air filters, those are maintenance items(that might be overdue anyway), so there seems to be no real out-of-pocket repair expense yet.

Instead of throwing money into a tune, OP may try simple steps like D/S + sport/sport+, which is the most responsive mode for F30.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did adaptation reset, all is good. My indy said get the BMS Pedal Tuner as this solved many F30-F10 owners issue.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I’m not touching manual mode lol, I don’t know how to drive a manual and tried it on my e60 and destroyed my Torque Converter, thing did not upshift for me. And I remember when I mentioned that “it’s impossible” (according to the forum) to damage the tranny in manual mode. Yes it is possible. I did it. My sun gears ***9881;***65039; we’re toast.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don’t care what the manual says either I saw physical damage to the converter it’s VERY POSSIBLE, my TCM malfunctioned.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts