BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed yesterday and also removed the charcoal filters while I was at it. Super simple install for some reason I feel it actually affected the sound of the exhaust as well. I have a Magnaflow sport and it just sounds a bit raunchier, in a good way. Maybe it's my dyno-ears.

Just want to get a consensus on those of you who have installed Stage 1 on how it feels compared to stock because honestly I can't really tell much of a difference. It's supposed to be stronger in the upper rpm range. Granted a modest bump on hp on a 400+ hp car may not be a night and day difference but the car actually feels, not slower, but more linear and not as "explosive". Is that because of a more linear power curve and the boost doesn't come on as strong? Just wanting to make sure it's all good or is something not right. Thanks!

·
Vendor
6,653 Posts
Installed yesterday and also removed the charcoal filters while I was at it. Super simple install for some reason I feel it actually affected the sound of the exhaust as well. I have a Magnaflow sport and it just sounds a bit raunchier, in a good way. Maybe it's my dyno-ears.

Just want to get a consensus on those of you who have installed Stage 1 on how it feels compared to stock because honestly I can't really tell much of a difference. It's supposed to be stronger in the upper rpm range. Granted a modest bump on hp on a 400+ hp car may not be a night and day difference but the car actually feels, not slower, but more linear and not as "explosive". Is that because of a more linear power curve and the boost doesn't come on as strong? Just wanting to make sure it's all good or is something not right. Thanks!
You should feel the power increase, it takes couple pulls for the ECU to adapt.
If you have any doubts, just get the BMS USB cable and log boost

·
Registered
243 Posts
I experienced the same (didn't notice ANY difference) with Stage 1 on my old 335 (had it on my car for over one year). That's why I am hesitant to get it for my M and JB4 is an overkill for me.

I am sure Stage 1 car will pull on the stock one if you go side by side but the most important thing for me is to feel the power bump during my day to day driving which I didn't.

·
Vendor
6,653 Posts
I experienced the same (didn't notice ANY difference) with Stage 1 on my old 335 (had it on my car for over one year). That's why I am hesitant to get it for my M and JB4 is an overkill for me.

I am sure Stage 1 car will pull on the stock one if you go side by side but the most important thing for me is to feel the power bump during my day to day driving which I didn't.
4 psi boost more (what Jb stage 1 adds) is a lot of power ... You should easily feel it.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Had the stage 1 on my 335i and now on my M4. Gave the M4 the just the little extra I felt it was missing. Good response and power curve. No lag. I'm not tracking the car but knew the car was a bit less than I expected as stock. For the price and guarantee that BM offers why not try it. In and out in 10 minutes.

Glenn

·
Registered
258 Posts
Are these piggy back units engine specific? I was looking at the website and they list a unit for multiple cars. Does their warrantee stand up to what Dinan covers?

Mike

·
Vendor
6,653 Posts
Are these piggy back units engine specific? I was looking at the website and they list a unit for multiple cars. Does their warrantee stand up to what Dinan covers?

Mike
The warranty covers the actual tune not the car. Tens of thousands have been sold, i never heard of one single time where the car was damaged because of the tune. If you run the recommended map (with the Jb stage 1 you have no choice since only 1 map is available), you will be fine.

Once installed JB will know which car it is installed on and give you the correct boost.
Same JB stage 1 harness B can be installed on all these cars

N55 Stage 1 Applications:

BMW 1 Series
• 2011+ E87 135i
• 2011+ E82 135i
• 2012+ N55 BMW F20 F21 M135

BMW 2 Series
• 2014+ N55 BMW F22/F23 M235i

BMW 3 Series
• 2011+ N55 BMW E90 E91 E92 E93 335i/xi
• 2012+ N55 BMW F30 F31 335i/xi
• 2013+ N55 BMW F34 335i xDrive GT

BMW 4 Series
• 2014+ F32 F33 F36 Coupe 435i / 435xi

BMW 5 Series
• 2010+ F07 535i GT
• 2011+ F10 F11 535i / 535xi

BMW 6 Series
• 2011+ F13 640 Coupe
• 2011+ F12 640 Convertible
• 2012+ F06 640 Gran Coupe

BMW X Series
• 2013+ X1 N55 TwinPower
• 2011+ X3 X5 X6 N55 TwinPower

N20 / N26 Stage 1 Applications:

BMW 2 Series:
• 2014+ 2 Series F22/F23 220i / 228i N20 & N26

BMW 3 Series:
• 2012+ 3 Series F30 320i / 328i N20 & N26

BMW 4 Series:
• 2014+ 4 Series F32/F33/F36 420 / 428 N20 & N26

BMW 5 Series:
• 2011+ 5 Series F10 520 / 528 N20 & N26

BMW X Series
• 2013+ X3 F25 N20

S55 Stage 1 Applications:

BMW M3
• 2015+ F80 M3

BMW M4
• 2015+ F82 M4

·
Registered
243 Posts
Had the stage 1 on my 335i and now on my M4. Gave the M4 the just the little extra I felt it was missing. Good response and power curve. No lag. I'm not tracking the car but knew the car was a bit less than I expected as stock. For the price and guarantee that BM offers why not try it. In and out in 10 minutes.

Glenn
Do you feel a greater difference on the M4 vs 335? I could barely notice any difference on my old 335 and I installed / uninstalled it multiple times.

I know it doesn't take long to install it but every time my car threw an error code, I would wonder whether it was because of the tune so I would have to take it off / put it back on. Makes the whole tune ownership experience a little more annoying.

I wouldn't mind "trying" it to see if I notice a difference but if I don't, I would have to go through the trouble of selling the unit.

·
Vendor
6,653 Posts
Do you feel a greater difference on the M4 vs 335? I could barely notice any difference on my old 335 and I installed / uninstalled it multiple times.

I know it doesn't take long to install it but every time my car threw an error code, I would wonder whether it was because of the tune so I would have to take it off / put it back on. Makes the whole tune ownership experience a little more annoying.

I wouldn't mind "trying" it to see if I notice a difference but if I don't, I would have to go through the trouble of selling the unit.
If you got a code, more than likely something is wrong with your car ( bad spark plugs, ignition coils or fuel pumps) that would also explain why you did not feel any increase in power

The tune adds +4 psi, thats a lot of power

We offer 14 days money back guarantee if you dont like it, return it

Order Link
https://www.x-ph.com/burger-tuning-bms-f-chassis-n20-n55-jb-quick-install-tuner/

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you got a code, more than likely something is wrong with your car ( bad spark plugs, ignition coils or fuel pumps) that would also explain why you did not feel any increase in power

The tune adds +4 psi, thats a lot of power

We offer 14 days money back guarantee if you dont like it, return it

Order Link
https://www.x-ph.com/burger-tuning-bms-f-chassis-n20-n55-jb-quick-install-tuner/
Thanks for the info. Great that you offer 14 days money back guarantee for this product.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Mike
If the Dinan installation is done by an authorized Dinan dealer within the 4yr/50k mile new car warranty, Dinan matches the BMW warranty and works with BMW to diagnosis and pays for the repairs if related to the Dinan product. Basically a seamless warranty process for the customer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts