BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bmw 2007 525i n52 based on the codes that I have 2a9a 2a9b Inpa error type code for both says “signal or value above threshold “ I have tested the camshaft sensors they have correct voltage I have tested/ cleaned the vanos they have the correct voltage I have cleaned the non return valve I have performed a compression test the results were ok I have performed a fuel test with a cheap O’Reilly fuel test rental and the results were accurate but after 10 minutes the pressure would drop 30 psi the adapter didn’t fit properly on the Schrader valve fuel injector valve so the test wasn’t %100 accurate I changed the battery I changed the oil the inpa engine speed rpm is 224.rpm . I need some assistance on where I should go from here any advice would help thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bmw 525i 2007 e60 n52

I have a bmw 2007 525i n52 based on the codes that I have 2a9a 2a9b Inpa error type code for both says "signal or value above threshold " I have tested the camshaft sensors they have correct voltage I have tested/ cleaned the vanos they have the correct voltage I have cleaned the non return valve I have performed a compression test the results were ok I have performed a fuel test with a cheap O'Reilly fuel test rental and the results were accurate but after 10 minutes the pressure would drop 30 psi the adapter didn't fit properly on the Schrader valve fuel injector valve so the test wasn't %100 accurate I changed the battery I changed the oil the inpa engine speed rpm is 224.rpm . I need some assistance on where I should go from here any advice would help thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
With those codes, I'd suspect the VANOS solenoids. There are other things that can cause those codes, but assuming your engine has well over 100,000 miles (you didn't say) and that they've never been replaced, I think it's pretty likely they're toast. From what I've read, people have had less than spectacular luck with cleaning them. IIRC, the solenoids for my '06 530xi cost about $65 each (I went aftermarket, but with a brand that was known for being "quality"). It's one of those troubleshooting things where "throwing parts at the problem" makes sense, since you'd probably end up replacing them at some time in the future anyway (they do wear out).

I guess I wouldn't get too worried about fuel pressure if you know the tester connection was suspect, especially if you did get good pressure when the car is running (the leakage is another problem altogether - if it is really leaking - but it won't affect how the car runs like it is in this case).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With those codes, I'd suspect the VANOS solenoids. There are other things that can cause those codes, but assuming your engine has well over 100,000 miles (you didn't say) and that they've never been replaced, I think it's pretty likely they're toast. From what I've read, people have had less than spectacular luck with cleaning them. IIRC, the solenoids for my '06 530xi cost about $65 each (I went aftermarket, but with a brand that was known for being "quality"). It's one of those troubleshooting things where "throwing parts at the problem" makes sense, since you'd probably end up replacing them at some time in the future anyway (they do wear out).

I guess I wouldn't get too worried about fuel pressure if you know the tester connection was suspect, especially if you did get good pressure when the car is running (the leakage is another problem altogether - if it is really leaking - but it won't affect how the car runs like it is in this case).
Thanks for your reply I believe the 2a9a and 2a9b codes are for the camshaft sensors I replaced one camshaft sensor( the inlet ) and the code continued to pop up I then diagnosed the vanos solenoid and they were the correct voltage and somewhat opened and closed . The car is a crank no start it started one time since I purchased it and that was after playing with inpa (activating different parts ) and it sounded like a boat shaking it ran for 15 minutes . However the previous owner said they ran out of gas while driving up the street and it stopped working which I didn***8217;t believe but there is a slight gas leak at the fuel pump in the passenger rear side no codes affiliated with the fuel tank came up but the bottom of the seat is somewhat damp.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here’s my list of guesses:

o Crank shaft sensor is broken
o DME is not aligned or got un-sync’d to the CAS, the car won’t start. ISTA-D can re-sync the
DME and the CAS together again
o immobiliser (EWS) issue
o brake light switch is faulty
o the MAF sensor is broken
o bad cam shaft sensor
o fuel pump malfunction
o Fuel relay controller is dead
o key fob battery is low or dead
o terminal 30g is acting up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here***8217;s my list of guesses:

o Crank shaft sensor is broken
o DME is not aligned or got un-sync***8217;d to the CAS, the car won***8217;t start. ISTA-D can re-sync the
DME and the CAS together again
o immobiliser (EWS) issue
o brake light switch is faulty
o the MAF sensor is broken
o bad cam shaft sensor
o fuel pump malfunction
o Fuel relay controller is dead
o key fob battery is low or dead
o terminal 30g is acting up
Thanks for the reply I***8217;ve replaced the crankshaft with an aftermarket no luck code popped up in the past I may just get oem however the seller had good reviews also I replaced the camshaft sensor aftermarket and diagnosed it by back probing its continuity multimeter the results were correct how ever sometimes when connecting the battey the lights flicker fuel pump area is slightly damp under the seat only codes I receive now are 2a9a 2a9b

1 - 9 of 9 Posts