BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
BMW is refusing to retro fit the 7 series mfg. before March 2016 with this feature. I was told by BMW NA when I bought the car, that when they got approval from the US that the upgrade would be added to the cars. I purchased the Display Key for this reason alone.They are saying now that is a hardware issue and are not going to do it. This is like the list of features that were advertised on the BMW NA website for the car that were not available on the US cars. I have filed a complaint with BMW NA on Sept. 16th and am waiting a response. If BMW can do a recall for the airbag module then they can do a recall for this also. If enough G12 owners who bought the Display Key complain to BMW just maybe we can get this done. The Tesla Version 7.1 software update, was automatically sent out wirelessly to all Model S vehicles this spring. DUH!! This may be the last BMW that I buy, if this is how BMW treat their customers.
Yeah - that is a pitta since it was part of the early 'featured' tech that the 7 would include. I for 1 think the feature that will see more use than one might initially expect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
BMW is refusing to retro fit the 7 series mfg. before March 2016 with this feature. I was told by BMW NA when I bought the car, that when they got approval from the US that the upgrade would be added to the cars. I purchased the Display Key for this reason alone.They are saying now that is a hardware issue and are not going to do it. This is like the list of features that were advertised on the BMW NA website for the car that were not available on the US cars. I have filed a complaint with BMW NA on Sept. 16th and am waiting a response. If BMW can do a recall for the airbag module then they can do a recall for this also. If enough G12 owners who bought the Display Key complain to BMW just maybe we can get this done. The Tesla Version 7.1 software update, was automatically sent out wirelessly to all Model S vehicles this spring. DUH!! This may be the last BMW that I buy, if this is how BMW treat their customers.
Is there someone specifically that you contacted? If so, then we can direct our complaints to the same person for greater impact.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes. BMW WILL NOT RETRO THE G12's mfg. Before March 2016. We are SOL. Guess we can always use the Display Key for a trotline weight. I suggested BMW NA give us a refund for the $250.00 or a gift certificate for BMW products. The rep said he would present my idea to management and should have a response this week. If enough of call BMW NA it could help our case.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You are entitled to your opinion. Since neither are available in the US what difference does it make. I really don't want either one. I am trying to get BMW to give us a refund or credit for misrepresenting the car for features not Available in North America. This isn't my first 7 series, but I may be my last.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I am trying to get BMW to give us a refund or credit for misrepresenting the car for features not Available in North America. This isn't my first 7 series, but I may be my last.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but was it misrepresented, though? I knew when I ordered my (February build) car that remote parking wasn't available in NA. Nobody at BMW, corporate or dealership, tried to tell me otherwise. I've never purchased a car with the expectation that something would later be made available and retrofitted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is understandable in February. I ordered mine on July 17, 2015 after a private showing of the car by BMW NA to select buyers in Dallas. I took delivery Nov. 2, 2015. I was told it would be made available in the spring of 2016. So BMW promised something that they cannot deliver. My point is this. They played me and I want some kind of satisfaction from BMW.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
That is understandable in February. I ordered mine on July 17, 2015 after a private showing of the car by BMW NA to select buyers in Dallas. I took delivery Nov. 2, 2015. I was told it would be made available in the spring of 2016. So BMW promised something that they cannot deliver. My point is this. They played me and I want some kind of satisfaction from BMW.
They told you the feature would be retrofitted? If so, I can understand your point.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is exactly what they told me. Since they did these previews in major cities (LA, DAL, NYC, ATL) I am sure that I'm not the only one. Hopefully others will join me and press BMW for restitution for a useless Display Key.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
That is exactly what they told me. Since they did these previews in major cities (LA, DAL, NYC, ATL) I am sure that I'm not the only one. Hopefully others will join me and press BMW for restitution for a useless Display Key.
I paid for the display key, as well, but agree that it's useless. I haven't touched it since the day I brought the car home. I am glad that BMW made it right by offering a second regular key to the people who paid the $250 for the display version.

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,490 Posts
This is a broken promise. There may be a legal out for BMW, but they should take the high road (and sensible customer relations road) here and if retrofitting is not possible, refund or credit the display key cost for anyone who purchased one. The display key is now standard but remote control parking is an option.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought mine in July but I am sure that they will still give me a hard time. When I talked to BMW Genius they flat out said that they don't do retrofits.

If they promised you the availability, they should live up to it.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts