BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions about either a 95 3 series or 2002.

1) Would a Kenwood Excelon CD/DVD fit into the car without modifications to the car?

2) If modifying the stereo, would it be better to purchase the HK stereo unit, or to get the stock stereo unit and buy better speakers? (I mainly want to get the DVD receiver, so I'm talking about the speakers).

Thank you.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
SpeedKing9 said:
I have a few questions about either a 95 3 series or 2002.

1) Would a Kenwood Excelon CD/DVD fit into the car without modifications to the car?
Yes, no mods necessary. Only thing is you will need to mount the "brain" unit somewhere (like under the front passenger seat).

Originally posted by SpeedKing9
2) If modifying the stereo, would it be better to purchase the HK stereo unit, or to get the stock stereo unit and buy better speakers? (I mainly want to get the DVD receiver, so I'm talking about the speakers).

Thank you.
Get the stock unit and get better speakers. Save your $700 (if you are looking at getting the 325 vs a 330) and use it to pay for upgraded speakers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey ack, can you please recommend me what to do with the speakers? for instance, what brand of speakers, what kinds of speakers needed, etc..

would i need a better in dash unit as well?

the reason being is i have a chance on a used '02 that is absolutely standard in every way, and i wanted the upgraded stereo, but if it's better to get a customized stereo (and it's the same price or cheaper) then i'll take that route.

thanks for any help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts