BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2002 BMW 325i about a month ago. Since last week i have noticed that when i backout of my garage in the morning and shift to drive, the car just sits there for about 5-7 seconds before it engages in drive. I had it diognosed but everything seems to comeup normal. Anybody out there with same problem?. What did you do to fix it?
Thanks.:dunno:

·
Z3 Crash-test Veteran
120 Posts
Do a search, particularly on the E46 (3Series) forum, and you'll see some similar stories and responses. There's a tranny software fix for this, I believe.

[Note to Self: email the Bimmerfest Gods that the "Search" button needs more highlighting, blinking, whatever....]

·
Registered
340 Posts
Karim said:
I just purchased a 2002 BMW 325i about a month ago. Since last week i have noticed that when i backout of my garage in the morning and shift to drive, the car just sits there for about 5-7 seconds before it engages in drive. I had it diognosed but everything seems to comeup normal. Anybody out there with same problem?. What did you do to fix it?
Torque contverter or tranny oil pressure problem... get the service history on the car and see if tranny work was done before.

·
Registered
86 Posts
pause and go

I have a pause issue when going into drive from a cold start.

My BMW dealer stated is was an intentional design.

But they have a tranny software update that will correct the pause.

If you are under warranty the update is N/C

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Karim said:
Hey Karim
I live in Oakville, which is about 20km from Toronto. I was just wondering, where did you buy your car? Wholesale cars tend to have a lot of problems, so i would have the car completly checked out by BMW. The problem you have with your BMW isn't normal, this car doesn't have a history of transmission problems. I sure hope you didn't buy your car from the wrong dealership, we got lot of dealers that sell cars with serious problems. My friend recently bought a 2003 325i from a wholesaler, and the car is an electrical nightmare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the car fully cheked and there were no problems reported by BMW. They did a diagnostic check and everything seems normal. They said it may need a tranny service. that may be my next move.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
msbrown said:
[Note to Self: email the Bimmerfest Gods that the "Search" button needs more highlighting, blinking, whatever....]
:rofl: It should be like the iDrive lawyer screen. It pops up whenever you first log onto the Bimmerfest site. Oh wait, on the second thought that'd be annoying as hell. Maybe just once a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts