BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this bmw325i 2006 bought from dealer. When I bought there was couple bolts missing in the engine gasket valve cover. And had small oil leak from gasket. It had never been big problem. Drove it like that 7 months. Then one day my serpentine belt snapped. I changed the tensioner assembly and belt aswell. After tht it was running fine. Now, I have this engine overheat problem. My oil level is good, even though it leaks it doesn't leak like that. And when engine overheats , the coolant spills out and oil filter leaks oil coz of pressure and heat. And loud noise comes from engine like its about to burst. I took it to mechanic, some said water pump, some said thermostat and radiator, some said vaccum leak, some said head gasket. But my oil looks just fine, oil level is fine, coolant is still green. Idk what the problem is before I go to random mechanic and they fix one thing and later the problem is still there coz that was not really the problem. Feel me? So please help this poor kid.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Did you check the front main seal

Did you check the front main seal
When the belt breaks its very important to check this.
Drop the oil pan and remove debris.
When the belt breaks it can wrap around the front main seal
and break it causing bits of belt to be sucked into the engine.
These bit then get sucked into the oil passages causing
oil starvation and motor failure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't checked on the front seal yet. But I just tried to turn on heater and there was no air coming at all.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
There are many threads on this

There are many threads on this look them up .
This can cause you to have to have a engine replacement.
bits of the belt can get into the timing chain and oil passages
causing catastrophic failure.
Its common for the water pump to fail on these between 40 and 90k
but before you check that seal and make sure there is no oil leaking
on the belt I wouldn't throw money at the rest of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found out my AC doesn't blow air at all. No heater no AC, no air at all. Will this narrow the confusion? Help me diagnos

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My aux fan makes very loud noise. And the noise doesn't change no matter how hard I hit the gas. And then engine overheat sign comes on. And I turned on the heater , there was no air coming out at all from the vent. Please help me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts