BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to lease a new 2011 BMW 328i convertible with the following features:
Crimson Red Metallic
Cream Beige Dakota Leather
Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
Convenience Package
Premium Package
Sport Package
Value Package
Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
Smartphone Integration

The final deal that I got was of a 6K down with 660 monthly for 36 m. Do you think it is a fair deal?
I have a good credit score but not a long credit history.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Gotta give us the miles per year, price you're paying, whether that includes tax, etc.

By my estimation this is NOT a good deal; and rather a deal you should run from. Running the numbers on this same car (down to the color) on BMWUSA lease calculator for 15k miles per year, paying MSRP and putting down 6k I get a payment of $590 per month without tax.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Folks in the leasing know say one shouldn't put any payment down toward the cost of the vehicle in a lease because if the vehicle is lost or stolen early in the lease, you will lose the entire amount you put down toward the vehicle's cost.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
I wouldn't put $6000 down on any lease. I would just pay the fees which amount to $1200 or so.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yup, do not put any money down (cap cost reduction)

Give us:

MSRP
Sales Price
Mileage/Year

then we can tell you if it's a good deal.

Doing some basic research from what you gave
MSRP: $51,700
Invoice: 47630
MF:.0018
Residual 12K: 63%

Using those numbers I added in $725 acquistion, $200 training $300 MACO and then factored deal at $1000 over invoice.

Using that you'd get a payment of around $670/month with $0 down.

So based on that I'd say this is an awful deal, give us the sales price of the car and we can tell you where you're getting screwed here. From what I can tell the dealer is using MSRP as the sales price. Either that or he is jacking up your MF.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
I got a range of $575-$600 + tax with no money down except for fees. MSRP is $51,700. Assuming a sales price of $48,500, $870 over invoice, I come up with $588.39 +tax.

I assumed 12,000 miles a year for 36 months.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
If you are putting $6000 down, I will assume $4000 of that is for capital cost reduction up front. If you take that $4000 and divide it into 36 payments, that's $111 you have to add to the monthly payment to get your true payment, so $660 + $111 gives you $771. I came up with $588. The "deal" they are giving you is around $6666 too much. Admittedly, my figures were rough estimates, but in reality, a deal for this car could actually be better than my numbers and you may be paying $7000 too much.

I would RUN from this "deal".

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
thanks for your responses.
MSRP: 52700 (approx)
Sales Price: 51300 (approx)
Mileage: 12k/yer

Can you please suggest what would be the monthly rate to negotiate for?
Tell them you want to pay the base money factor for this vehicle which is 0.00180 which means 4.32% interest.

Invoice price for this vehicle is $47,630. I wouldn't pay more than $1000 over that price.

Tell them you don't want to pay any money up front toward "capitalized cost reduction" (the negotiated price of the vehicle). You only want to pay the necessary fees up front.

Your monthly payment shouldn't be more than around $600 a month plus tax for 36 months with around $1200 to $2000 in upfront fees.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Tell them you want to pay the base money factor for this vehicle which is 0.00180 which means 4.32% interest.

Invoice price for this vehicle is $47,630. I wouldn't pay more than $1000 over that price.

Tell them you don't want to pay any money up front toward "capitalized cost reduction" (the negotiated price of the vehicle). You only want to pay the necessary fees up front.

Your monthly payment shouldn't be more than around $600 a month plus tax for 36 months with around $1200 to $2000 in upfront fees.
That invoice doesn't include MACO, Acquisition or Training fees.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
That invoice doesn't include MACO, Acquisition or Training fees.
You pay that up front in the $2000 or so fees.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
No matter how you spell it, I come up with RUN!!!!

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Maco and training are part of the car cost, acquisition can be rolled into the lease or paid up front
The main thing is her "deal" sucked. She would be overpaying by $6000 or more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.