BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 328xi white and i currently have 16 stock with run flats. i want to upgrade to 18 or 19" and was wanting some opinions on what you all on here think as far as aftermarket wheels and tires or just sticking with BMW wheels and tires. also are there any issues with rubbing with 19's? just any information would help out greatly. and if you know of some good deals for wheels and tires let me know that too. thanks

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
Personally, I like the OEM Style 162 18" wheels for the E90. Those are the sport package wheels that came on the Pre-LCI E90 335i. I wouldn't go any bigger than 18" with a 328 simply due to the fact there will a large gap between the wheel and brake rotors.

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
Performance actually will drop off above 18". Match the rubber to the rim, though, and there won't be any troubles with rubbing, even with 19s. The Tire Rack has a sizing ap that will help.

Congrats on the ride.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
N54
3,427 Posts
Going +2 or +3 in wheel sizes without lowering the car will make it look like a 4x4.

·
Doing the best I can
1,123 Posts
Try and go light. OZ Ultraleggera or OZ Alleggerita or Enkei make some reasonably priced light wheels. So does BBS but they are twice (or more) as much. Lighter = better performance in many respects. I have the OZ Ultraleggera (18") on my Z4. See attached. Browse Tire Rack. You can sort the wheels by weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I just bought a 2008 328xi white and i currently have 16 stock with run flats. i want to upgrade to 18 or 19" and was wanting some opinions on what you all on here think as far as aftermarket wheels and tires or just sticking with BMW wheels and tires. also are there any issues with rubbing with 19's? just any information would help out greatly. and if you know of some good deals for wheels and tires let me know that too. thanks
Unless you put your car in storage for the winter, there are several things to consider:
1. If 19" new wheels and tires, make sure the BMW TPMS sensors will properly fit in the wheel, and that snow tires are readily available if you intend to use snow tires. I am predicting a snow tire shortage in 2011.
2. If you go to non-RFs you will require a spare tire or mini spare for mobility. Tire "goo" sealant kits may not function below a certain temperature; check this out first. On top of this, any sealant use will potentially disable your TPMS sensor, but Tire Rack sells individual replacement sensors for BMW models for about $50 ea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i decided to go with 18" MMR GT1 Silver and now need to look at getting tires. i got them staggered 18x8.5 F and 18x9.5 R and want to make sure the tires are wider in the rear than in the front but want to make the ones in the front as wide as i can get them to go. (Widest in the rear as well) the dealership told me 225/40/18 in front would work and 255/35/18 wuld work in the rear but couldnt tell me what the widest and tallest i could go. help me out to try to find out what the widest tire i can fit on a 2008 328xi. thanks in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts