BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the site and need some urent advice.

I have a 330i 03 reg and 35, 000 on mileage and the steering is very bad and specially at high speed on the motorway. I feel steering is not heavy, wandering and the car is floating on water. Its drives like a headless chicken.

Last year I had the tracking done on the 4 wheels as I was told the wheel alignment was not inline with the BMW spec by elite direct. I do not drive the car often but recently my brother who has the 318 drove my car while I was on vacation and he told me that his sterling is better than mines and they may be an issue with my steerling.

My friend who also drove my car on a trip to see a mate said the same thing. I also feel that the starling is not a BMW steering for a 330 as it feel light and I feel I have to keep on moving my steering little to the left and to the right in a straight-line, sometime it pulls to the left and at high speed (70 mph) I feel its to light for a 330i.

I took the car to elite direct last week and they told me that the bushes at the front was weak and then they may check and so point in doing a check for tracking as the recommend that I replace the bushes and then do a full tracking.

Please advice, how can I correct my issue. I feel like doing a part exchange and getting a 5 series.

Any ideas – how much I will get for my 330i, 35K mile on the clock, very good condition, BMW full dealer service history and black leather fully loaded in this market.

Kind regards,
Ahmed

·
(o0\(III)(III)/0o)
516 Posts
sounds like bad control arm bushings or entire control arms to me. I would bet on control arm bushings. Part number 31 12 6 757623H at www.bavauto.com.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,998 Posts

·
(o0\(III)(III)/0o)
516 Posts
what is a control arm bushings or entire control arms ?
Can't tell unless I drive it. 2 out of three posts say control arm bushings. Buy me a ticket to London and I will diagnose for sure.:D

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Start with just the bushings and a good alignment. If the alignment is off (specifically the toe), the steering can feel very bad. Even if the control arm bushings are shot, an alignment shop should be able to get the car to feel better - see if you can find a 'performance' alignment shop in your area.

·
(o0\(III)(III)/0o)
516 Posts
You can put me up in the Sofitel at Heathrow, I won't mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.