·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
Fun story. Too bad about the traffic and the looney Lupo behind you. I put a few miles on my 335 in the Alps and found that more fun than driving the Autobahn. I got a few miles north of Innsbruck and decided to turn around and spend the night there. The next day I headed West on local roads and found a few paved cow paths which made the detour very worthwhile.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fun story. Too bad about the traffic and the looney Lupo behind you. I put a few miles on my 335 in the Alps and found that more fun than driving the Autobahn. I got a few miles north of Innsbruck and decided to turn around and spend the night there. The next day I headed West on local roads and found a few paved cow paths which made the detour very worthwhile.
Yeah, driving in the Alps was a lot of fun and just an amazing experience.

I had driven on the autobahn before, but this was the first trip in a non rental car (i.e. a 100 hp focus or similar).

Stelvio and all was cool, but probably my favorite part of the trip was driving the autostrada to Monte Carlo. We were driving even faster on that than the autobahn....and getting passed.

At one point someone really blew by us on the autostrada and I said alound "hmmmm I must need to speed up" I then looked down at the speedo and saw we were already doing 115 mph.

I'll be getting up a write up of that part of the trip in the next few days with a bunch more pictures.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The A-Bahns are fun but nothing compared to "track driving" the mountain roads... ;) The Alps and Black Forest are my favorites. You'll learn to drive properly on these roads. :angel:
Yep! Great fun driving out there:thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe a six month driving course in the Alps should be required to obtain a driver's license? Only those who survive get one. :angel:
That would be a fun way to get a license for sure!

I know it isn't to get a license but I think that Porsche was offering as part of there Euro delivery deal a Alps & Black Forest rally package where you would pick up your new 911 with a dozen or so other then you would be lead and tought proper driving techniques on those great roads. That would be fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts