BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 335D odd noise coming from the engine bay. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. No lights, codes, runs perfectly. Not AC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and might help other owners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. Looking at videos, other forum posts and where the sound seemed to be coming from, I’m pointed towards the EGR pressure converter. Took the manifold off and it has been leaking heavily round where the swirl flaps are, so I’m blanking those at the same time. Got replacement vacuum hose as well and will do whatever I can reach.

I’ll update as to whether or not I solve the job!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else’s have a rather loud timing chain whilst it’s running with the filler cap off?

That and although it doesn’t blow like a train, it still sends oil down the intake pipe to the turbo. Found a nice leak all down the engine from the front of the large turbo with no real play in the turbine Hopefully a good service and clean up will get it feeling better. Oil build up will have been from years worth as it doesn’t seem to use any, although it obviously has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cleaned everything up, bought a new EGR pressure converter, new seals for the intake (along with swirl flap delete bungs)

Took the intercooler off, cleaned that out. No oil in it at all really.

Full service and going to give it a good steam clean around anything that’s been left oily that I haven’t got to, at the same time not blast anything electrical.

The noise has disappeared for now so fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts