Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am planning to lease a new BMW 430i Gran coupe and got couple of good deals. I want to keep my monthly payments to max $500 with 0 down. I am seeing couple of options which are listed at a price range of 50k and 46k. Also, I see few 430i xDrives listed around 43k and 45k. I live in San Fransisco Bay Area. Will buying an xd make a difference.Can anyone help me out?

·
former motorcycle rider
766 Posts
XD is a total waste of money for SF. People who live in snowy climates need AWD, not you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, so from the given replies, I see that the xdrive won't be of any use if used in plain areas. So, now if I have to go with 430i gran coupe(non xd), what should be my minimum payment plan? Has anyone leased a 4 series before with 0 down and <500 monthly. I need tech package in my car. I currently own 2013 328i and it lacks technology. That's the only reason i m shifting towards new model.

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,832 Posts
ok, so from the given replies, I see that the xdrive won't be of any use if used in plain areas. So, now if I have to go with 430i gran coupe(non xd), what should be my minimum payment plan? Has anyone leased a 4 series before with 0 down and <500 monthly. I need tech package in my car. I currently own 2013 328i and it lacks technology. That's the only reason i m shifting towards new model.
I think you are going to have a hard time getting a new 430 for 500 per month and zero down. Perhaps if you order new with nothing on it. You are probably going to have to look for a used or dealer car to et there.

Remember money factors are up (interest rate) and residual values are down....that all leads to higher payments and why I just bought my car that had an expired lease.

·
Banned
1,891 Posts
I have RWD and it's fine in Toronto, even in snowy conditions.

You know that the newer 430i you are looking at is essentially the same as your current one, right?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,746 Posts
Here's how to calculate a lease:

Capital Cost = the total amount to be financed.

(Capital Cost - Residual)/term = monthly depreciation

(Capital Cost + Residual) x money factor = monthly rent/interest charge

Depreciation + Rent = base monthly payment

Base payment + taxes = gross monthly payment

You negotiate a lease exactly like you do a purchase. In fact, don't tell the CA that you are going to lease until after you have negotiated the purchase price. Just like a lawyer going into court you should know the answer to every question before you ever ask it; that is know how much the selling price should be (withing a range) before you actually start the negotiations.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,746 Posts
I have RWD and it's fine in Toronto, even in snowy conditions.

You know that the newer 430i you are looking at is essentially the same as your current one, right?
In case you missed that part I bolded it for you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know the deals are out there for the 430i, but not sure about the GC version. I just leased a new 2017 430i with M Sport, HK stereo, Dakota leather, navigation, BMW Apps, real time traffic info - almost everything but no comfort access or HUD. Remember the 1% rule, a good deal can be had for around 1% of the total MSRP as a monthly payment, my MSRP was nearly 53K - mine was a little less than 1% at around $500 a month. I had $0 down, about $1800 drive off.

Find a Gran Coupe for around 53K and a good dealer should be able to get you on the road for your price.

Try Greg Poland at Pacific BMW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts