BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new battery fixed, and the radio stopped working. I checked all the fuses, it is all fine. Not even the clock works at times it just lights up for a sec and switches off or can hear the tap move a bit and again turn off random at times. But it ain't turn on which do help me out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My bmw 520i E39 radio stopped working after changing the battery, all fuses are fine. Please can someone help me out with this ?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I split your question to a new thread, you'll get more help this way. I believe there is a fuse on the back of the head unit, have you checked that?

Tim

·
Registered
15,576 Posts
Did the radio stop working just after the battery replacement? Did the mechanic wait until the car went to sleep before disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the radio stop working just after the battery replacement? Did the mechanic wait until the car went to sleep before disconnecting the battery?
No I had given the previous battery for charge, but it turned out the battery was totally dead after a day of charge hence fixed a new one directly.
Today I was just siting in the car with the key at the 1st Turn, all of the sudden radio came after an hour which I was just texting my friends. And when I was about to touch it, it turned off.....!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts