BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this code and what it may be? The scanner says system too rich. I do have a check engine, car running fine, no rough idle, only issue is exhaust smell when windows down and I do burn oil (usual for n63 engines)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im getting this code too, ive replaced my bank 2 intake duct to the turbo as it was broken, but it didn't fix this issue. It has two new MAFs as part of the CCP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Code:
Im getting this code too, ive replaced my bank 2 intake duct to the turbo as it was broken, but it didn't fix this issue. It has two new MAFs as part of the CCP.
Ive been doing a lot of research. I checked my mafs with my obd and they seem to be reading good. I ordered both oxygen sensors for bank 1 and 2 that go on the cats. Bosh part number 0258017187.

I believe these sensors are the culprit. They may be covered with carbon, especially since these tend to burn a little oil which cut the life of these sensors significantly.

I ordered mine, they should be here any day now. Hopefully this solves my issue, I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Code:
Ive been doing a lot of research. I checked my mafs with my obd and they seem to be reading good. I ordered both oxygen sensors for bank 1 and 2 that go on the cats. Bosh part number 0258017187.

I believe these sensors are the culprit. They may be covered with carbon, especially since these tend to burn a little oil which cut the life of these sensors significantly.

I ordered mine, they should be here any day now. Hopefully this solves my issue, I will keep you posted.
Ill occasionally get a code for the bank 2 sensor 1 out of range during deceleration but it doesnt come back right away with the P0175. Ive replaced both of the Bank 2 sensors and the code eventually came back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill occasionally get a code for the bank 2 sensor 1 out of range during deceleration but it doesnt come back right away with the P0175. Ive replaced both of the Bank 2 sensors and the code eventually came back.
So I replaced both sensors, code came back. I did notice throttle improvement and better fuel mileage. However, it is still running rich. I am taking the car in next week to check all vacuum lines. There must be a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
2013 550i
4 Posts
So I replaced both sensors, code came back. I did notice throttle improvement and better fuel mileage. However, it is still running rich. I am taking the car in next week to check all vacuum lines. There must be a leak somewhere.
Did you ever figure this out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts