Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a 2013 640d grand coupe UK spec with 48,000 miles on the clock.

I have noticed that after heavy rain that my rear passenger foot well is full of water. The front is dry and also the walls around the foot well both front and back is dry. Driver front and rear also dry. No water in the boot. Having researched many say it is the door card membrane that can fail but the walls of the carpet are dry and I have taken the puddle light and rubber plug from the bottom of both doors after doing a water test for 5 mins and no sign of water build up.

Has anyone else had this problem? I do have a panoramic roof but again no wetness or signs of water from the sun roof.

If I open the bonnet and look down the top corner I can see a build up of water leaves bit no way to get my hand down to clean or remove.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a 2013 640d grand coupe UK spec with 48,000 miles on the clock.

I have noticed that after heavy rain that my rear passenger foot well is full of water. The front is dry and also the walls around the foot well both front and back is dry. Driver front and rear also dry. No water in the boot. Having researched many say it is the door card membrane that can fail but the walls of the carpet are dry and I have taken the puddle light and rubber plug from the bottom of both doors after doing a water test for 5 mins and no sign of water build up.

Has anyone else had this problem? I do have a panoramic roof but again no wetness or signs of water from the sun roof.

If I open the bonnet and look down the top corner I can see a build up of water leaves bit no way to get my hand down to clean or remove.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dan,

Did you ever get to the bottom of your problem I have a 2013 BMW and have the same issue the rear passenger footwell is very wet and I keep soaking up the water and even when it hasn't rained for a few days somehow the water still comes back. Mine also has a pan roof but spent ages looking round not understanding where the water can come from or even be stored to keep wetting the floor. Take today hasn't rained for 2 days but bet wil go down and find the footwell wet again and need to soak up with sponges.

Any advice after your challenge would be appreciated.

·
Michael
2,266 Posts
These cars have lots of drains and if they get lots of leaves and debris then water leaks into the car. If you look at the back of the engine below the windscreen you will see some of the vents, you may have to remove the front scuttle plates, they are held in by push pins. Also check the underside of the car where the ducts empty out, as they can be filled with crud and block. Many owners of these cars especially the convertibles don't check the drains and hence can get problems, especially the boot area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts