BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I hope I created a topic in right section.

What happened, my smaller turbo started playing and it died, smashing all cartridge inside. Garage changed turbo, BUT forgot to clear intercooler. Started car, tried to drive it, and it turned up for AUTO-RUN itself for 10seconds. A lot of smoke was coming out. Then garage cleaned intercooler and pipes, all was cleared. Its 740d 2010 F01 model. We put reconditioned turbo with actuator. Before that, car was remaped, and it was pulling VERY GOOD (700+ torq), 370bhp. Now, i sit down in a car, and there is NO POWER. What could be wrong? Engine is not shaking or anything, drives like a normal but looks like Remap is gone. But how comes? No one touched ECU. Yesterday, tried removing AFM, cleaned it, but nothing happened. Turbo is working perfectly, giving exactly same boost as my previous one. Any advice from you guys would be appreciated.

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hi there, I hope I created a topic in right section.

What happened, my smaller turbo started playing and it died, smashing all cartridge inside. Garage changed turbo, BUT forgot to clear intercooler. Started car, tried to drive it, and it turned up for AUTO-RUN itself for 10seconds. A lot of smoke was coming out. Then garage cleaned intercooler and pipes, all was cleared. Its 740d 2010 F01 model. We put reconditioned turbo with actuator. Before that, car was remaped, and it was pulling VERY GOOD (700+ torq), 370bhp. Now, i sit down in a car, and there is NO POWER. What could be wrong? Engine is not shaking or anything, drives like a normal but looks like Remap is gone. But how comes? No one touched ECU. Yesterday, tried removing AFM, cleaned it, but nothing happened. Turbo is working perfectly, giving exactly same boost as my previous one. Any advice from you guys would be appreciated.

Thanks alot!
No power but it works? What does this mean? It feels slower?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It looks like someone deleted a remap from a system lol. Looks like the torq is gone, doesnt pull like it should when accelerating at the begining...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
It looks like someone deleted a remap from a system lol. Looks like the torq is gone, doesnt pull like it should when accelerating at the begining...
Maybe you put in a different turbo? I think there are 2 kinds of wastegate versions. There is an electronic one. Maybe the wires for the turbo weren't connected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, we put exactly same turbo. Everything is connected. Connected bmw live and checked everything out, it shows same bar's as before. Vacuum is good as well. What could be done to the car? What else to check? Im really disapointed that my car is not pulling well like before ( neck breaker )

·
Registered
832 Posts
Have you pulled codes from the car using ISTA-D or Rheingold?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
No, we put exactly same turbo. Everything is connected. Connected bmw live and checked everything out, it shows same bar's as before. Vacuum is good as well. What could be done to the car? What else to check? Im really disapointed that my car is not pulling well like before ( neck breaker )
Can you film a 0-60 to run? This tests gauges where it's at in terms of normal power operation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts