Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 850 Ci 1999 that the garage has told me needs a right hand side fuel pump assembly. Any help in locating this part much appreciated. Car and myself in Dubai so expert help or reliable help a bit thin on the ground!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
The fuel pump assembly i doubt would be cheap are you 100% sure that is your problem? what is wrong with your car what is it doing?
Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. The problem occurred when i filled up with fuel and noticed it was leaking. Garage tells me it is leaking from seals at top of assembly and whole thing needs replacing which i am a bit dubious about. OK car is 1999 but has only 70000km on the clock! (When only half full, no problem)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can you see where it is leaking from? If so please take pictures of where its leaking from.

·
Old Fogey
678 Posts
There is an access plate above the pump assembly.It is under the rear seat on the same side as the fuel filler.

If it is leaking there it is most probably the hoses or the seal where the pump assembly attaches to the tank.

Fuel pump failure usually means it won't run at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you only noticed the leaking when you filled the tank, perhaps it is the fuel filler neck (or it's connection to the tank) that is leaking. Does it still leak fuel after you have used some of the fuel ? Maybe not a fuel pump issue at all :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
my 91 was leaking and I took out the passenger side rear seat and opened the access panel , the fuel line was dry rott so I replaced it and also had to tighten the cap that holds the fuel pump assembly on the tank , fixed my leak no more problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts