BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stopped by the dealer to pick up some touchup paint and picked up both of these:

Auxiliary Power Adapter

Bought the aux power adapter for the V1. Hated the fact the V1 power cord blocked the CD slot and the PITA it was to plug it into the cigarette lighter. V1 power cord nicely exits from the glove box using this adapter. I like this. :thumb:

CD Traveler

Case has a nice feel to it and it holds 24 CDs. Again, kewl :thumb:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DougDogs said:
What was the cost on the CD holder??

My F/I guy gave us one at delivery, but, I have wondered what it was worth.
$18 retail, I paid $14.40 with BMW CCA discount.

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
CD case looks like a CaseLogic

The cover is a material they call Koskin, a synthetic leather look-alike. Very durable, they come in various sizes - 24, 32, 64, 72, 128, 208, yadda, yadda. The 32 capacity is about $12 at Target.

I've got a 24, 64, and 3 208's. They're great and look good at home or in the car.

Does the BMW marketed version have a BMW logo embossed or anything like that?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Re: CD case looks like a CaseLogic

rawskyb said:
Does the BMW marketed version have a BMW logo embossed or anything like that?
The letters BMW are embossed on the bottom front right corner of the traveler. You can just barely see it in the photo above.
The Koskin rocks :thumb:

·
Registered
195 Posts
ObD said:

Bought the aux power adapter for the V1. Hated the fact the V1 power cord blocked the CD slot and the PITA it was to plug it into the cigarette lighter. V1 power cord nicely exits from the glove box using this adapter. I like this. :thumb:

Why not hard wire the V1? It is a 45 minute DIY job and is so much cleaner looking than having cables running everywhere.

http://www.bmw330ci.com/DIY_V1.htm

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Is the koskin as nice as 'ette?

:D

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Re: Re: BMW Accessory Review

jdlsc said:

Why not hard wire the V1? It is a 45 minute DIY job and is so much cleaner looking than having cables running everywhere.

I must concur, and it's really more like a 15 minute job. Probably faster if you can print out the steps and bring them to the car with you!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: BMW Accessory Review

jdlsc said:

I only use the V1 when I travel outside of my local area which is like once a week. Thought about doing the hardwire, but for a couple of sawbucks I thought this was a better solution to my infrequent use. There is only the straight wire phone cable of about 3 feet to the V1 from the glove box. I don't have a need for the remote display so I didn't get it. Pretty clean install. With the hardwire I'd have to stash the phone cord when the V1 was out. With this install I can remove everything in a few seconds.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Stopped by the dealer to pick up some touchup paint and picked up both of these:

Auxiliary Power Adapter

I thought I remembered from test driving this last summer that the 3er had a second power jack in or near the front center armrest but when I looked last it didn't. Was I mistakenly remembering a different car or did they take it out of the 2004?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bimNaround said:
I thought I remembered from test driving this last summer that the 3er had a second power jack in or near the front center armrest but when I looked last it didn't. Was I mistakenly remembering a different car or did they take it out of the 2004?
Negative on US models. However the factory cell phone wiring under the armrest is available to tap into.

There is the cigarette lighter in the dash or the AUX adapter for the glove box. IIRC the manual states there can be two extra outlets at the rear of the armrest console below the rear ashtray, but not in the US.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
bimNaround said:

Auxiliary Power Adapter

E46s can be had with two extra cigarette lighters behind the rear ashtray/storage compartment package. Like the other components of the stowage compartment package (many of which appear solo in various markets anyway), it can be added on quite cheaply.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.